99Duke
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Auto Trail
Base Vehicle: 1999 Ducato 2.8d
Subject:

CVRT & the sham it's in with RSA

· 
Posted: 26.07.2020  ·  #1
Don't know if many of you are aware that of the €93 is costs to get a CVRT test, 85% goes to RSA coffers, leaving less than €20 for the CVRT center owner/operator. However, the fees for a re-test are 100% to the center owner. So, to offset not getting much from the first test, you will get called back for a re-test.... even if your machine is 110%. As a professional Engineer in this country, and as an associated member of Irish Road Transport Engineers (I.R.T.E), I am ashamed to be part of an association that has sunk to the level of choosing to operate in such a shameful way in order to cover costs. The problem is at the RSA and the quango that it has become. Centers in north Leinster and a number of centers in Connaught are at the re-test game regardless of any issues. A few our association members have come together to setup some 'stings' and our findings are alarming!
We're compiling data from where we know centers are employing unqualified testers, are failing vehicles for metal fatigue and rust and where last years results are just puked back up again!
We had some of our level 8 Engineers inspect a few vehicles before each respective test and compared the results after the tests, and you would be astonished what we found.....a few of the centers just literally repeated last years findings!

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: CVRT & the sham it's in with RSA

· 
Posted: 26.07.2020  ·  #2
Ah... no I would not be surprised. I think this is par for the course. I just hope you are prepared to go public, to out this behaviour

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2020  ·  #3
You’re fighting the good fight Keith. You could pitch your findings to RTE Primetime Investigates by the sounds of it.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2020  ·  #4
Thieving barstewards.
Bring them down mate

99Duke
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Auto Trail
Base Vehicle: 1999 Ducato 2.8d
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2020  ·  #5
Yeah, that's what we are considering... just hand our findings over to an investigative journalist and aim for Prime Time investigates or similar. We need to find out first if the I.R.T.E and S.I.M.I members will be prepared to submit data on demand under Freedom Of Information, and we also to distance ourselves from the association before making the allegations. RSA top brass will fire back quiet hard.

Liked by: Ally, CHAUSSON, eirebus, ntg, panda, sprinter, The Rambler, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2020  ·  #6
Yep. Make sure to cover your own asses. It may just not be worth the heartache. Good luck either way

Liked by: ntg

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.07.2020  ·  #7
I don't know about test centres tricking about with testing and creating false fails for their own benefit but I do know about the RSA being totally non customer-focused and serving only their own agendas.

I have had significant interactions with the RSA regarding some of the testing criteria which were originally written to specifically address high usage commercial vehicles but which they insist on applying to motorhomes but I have been consistently stonewalled by them when persuing the issue.
The same can be said in relation to the special simplified category C1(97) driving test brought in by the EU to facilitate the driving of motorhomes over 3.5t, again the RSA has consistently stonewalled all attempts to get it available here in Ireland.

And here's a laugh. For all their 'expertise' despite the fact that the RSA require hearses be tested in the same manner as taxies and hackneys, there is a lacuna in Irish law where they are omitted from the requirement to be tested at all :P

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.