Sojim
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Curracloe Car Park

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #1
Stayed overnight in Curracloe Car Park beside the winning post. 'No Camping' signs in several places but 5 other camper vans parked up. Man in high vis (Wex Co Co) arrived and said we shouldn't be parked there however he didn't move anyone on. Big open space plenty of room overnight. Pizzas, coffee & hot choc bought in Surf Shack. Lovely stay but were lucky not to be moved on. Wex Co Co should mark out some designated camper parking spots.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

Re: Curracloe Car Park

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #2
We where there last weekend....12 Van's Saturday night...great spot with facilities....ie toilets and bins etc.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #3
Ye are living on borrowed time. The country cousins came in in 2018 and created havoc. It’s been banned since then. An absolute shame. My mate owns the winning post and the surf shack. And all the family have campers. They love to see you all. It’s Wexford Co Co. again.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #4
Co. Council guy came by Saturday to check on things.....Was only short of saying the signs are only to deter the " Cousins "

Liked by: The Rambler

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #5
There are 3 council lads for there. Two are sound. The third could only be described as taciturn. It’s pot luck I guess. Me... if I was there, and they tried to move me on, I’d tell them to f#%k off. But then, I know most of them

Liked by: eirebus, panda

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #6
Quote by Daffysparks

There are 3 council lads for there. Two are sound. The third could only be described as taciturn. It’s pot luck I guess. Me... if I was there, and they tried to move me on, I’d tell them to f#%k off. But then, I know most of them

So could one be asked to move off in theory, does it happen, and if so what should we say?

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #7
You are dead right Dave....We must have met one of the sound one's.....Said he'd leave toilet's open for us :up:

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #8
Quote by The Rambler

Quote by Daffysparks

So could one be asked to move off in theory, does it happen, and if so what should we say?

Well Jason.....This is what I'd say....".I've had a geansai load of drink so as soon as I'm sober enough I'll accomidate your wishe's officer"...Hic :P

Liked by: eirebus, The Rambler, +deleted user

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #9
Quote by panda

Quote by The Rambler

Quote by Daffysparks

Well Jason.....This is what I'd say....".I've had a geansai load of drink so as soon as I'm sober enough I'll accomidate your wishe's officer"...Hic :P

You’re right John. I think I’m too soft. I don’t handle it too well if I’m asked to move on. I need to get a thicker skin.

Liked by: panda

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #10
Quote by The Rambler

Quote by Daffysparks

Yes. I have seen several vans moved on.
What you say is up to you .......I’ve just told you what I’d say
🖕😮

Liked by: panda, The Rambler

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #11
6am sunday morning...if you zoom in you'll see a line of motorhomes ...12 there saturday night

Liked by: The Rambler, +deleted user

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2020  ·  #12
Could you pretend that you were a country cousin

Liked by: eirebus, panda, sprinter

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2020  ·  #13
Quote by TommyS

Could you pretend that you were a country cousin

Yes Boss ,do you need some carpet for the squad car boss

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.07.2020  ·  #14
Arrived at Curracloe around 4pm yesterday. Slight drizzle at the time which meant there was no bother getting a spot where our large rear end could overhang the grass, keeping us to a single parking space.

While my wife was ordering food (pizza menu is very uncomplicated but the pizzas are good), a WexCoCo lady stopped her van out front and waved, I waved back. Then she got out of her van, came to the habitation door and proceeded to tell me that there was no camping. I told her that we were not camping, my wife was ordering food and we would all be going to the beach afterwards (the sun had broken through) and that was that. No further sight of the CoCo.

I brought the dogs for a little walk through the dunes where there were most certainly people camping.

We spent an hour or so on the beach, it really is a lovely beach. Lots of people using the beach late into the evening. Got chatting briefly to an older gentleman in another motorhome, he was planning to overnight but was a little unsure. I told him we were the same but that I've been told people park overnight all the time. Was chatting to another couple also who were staying in a family owned cottage nearby, the lady said when she was a kid, her family stayed over in a caravan in almost the exact spot I was parked, in the morning she used climb the totem pole on the dunes to find where her brothers and cousins had gone to play.

In general, non motorhome folk seemed curious / envious about the van apart from one lady who made a point of reading the full no camping sign out loud to her kid this morning.

In total there were 4 motorhomes parked up overnight and at least one panel van with people sleeping in it. Myself and the gentleman I spoke to had managed the relatively simple trick of parking in a single space with the overhang on the grass. A third van was parked within two head to head spaces. The last van parked across two spaces and some dead space in the corner, still only two spaces but just looks bad, especially as they hadn't budged right though a very busy day in the carpark, stabiliser legs out, tables, chairs, water dribbling from the grey tank this morning.

The night was less than peaceful but never menacing. Clearly one of the camping spots in the dunes was party central but the connected kids don't know how to share a pinpoint location with their fancy phones and resorted to shouting out names to find the party.

When the weather was so good this morning and I was conscious of mid afternoon departure so I moved to a space parallel with the fence at the southern end of the carpark where my overhang could sit over a yellow hatched area. Turned out to be a good decision, the carpark was manic. Tail swings and tight parking spaces don't mix very well.

Liked by: Ally, ntg, panda, sprinter

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2020  ·  #15
I used Curracloe on my first trip over in 2012 , only stayed overnight but it was quiet and had no problems, In 2015 i came over with Polly (we went to the Craic Meet at Athlone) and on the way back to the ferry we were again going to stop at Curracloe but it was full of boy racers dough-nutting , so we went up the road to Ballenesker Beach , this was quiet and not as much parking ( so less room for boy racers but same beach and also toilets .Last year i again stopped at Ballenesker with another 3 vans and again it was quiet and had no problems , (lots of dog walkers).

Thornwood
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony Line 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2020  ·  #16
I was there all day Friday last on the beach. We also ordered a pizza. Around 7pm the co co man came over to us and told us there was no camping. He went around about 4 others. I was speaking to a family from Galway and he was told that the co co man has to report how many motorhones are in the carpark at 8pm to the warden. All the vans cleared out.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.