Ferry Bilbao to Rosslare

Brittany Ferries

Alfonso
Subject:

Ferry Bilbao to Rosslare

· 
Posted: 12.06.2020  ·  #1
Does anyone know what is happening with the Bilbao to Rosslare ferry. I booked twice and was cancelled. For weeks there were no services posted on thier website until about fortnight ago. The first crossing was to be 18 June which I booked online and was issued with sailing ticket. Yesterday I recievd an email cancelling the sailing. I contacted the Irish Embassy in Madrid who said that if there were not sufficient passengers with vehicles, they would cancel rthe sailing for that group. They have used Covid 19 for the cancellation but the pandemic in Spain and Ireland is improving. The ferry schedule for commercial traffic is uninterrupted. Because it is an inconvenience they won't take passengers. I would think that this is in contravention of their license agreement issued by the Irish Government.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this matter. I am considering rocking up to the port but I will be stymied if they don't accept me.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Ferry Bilbao to Rosslare

· 
Posted: 12.06.2020  ·  #2
Brittany ferry's are notorious for cancellations so I doubt you'd find a ferry in rosslare to board

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2020  ·  #3
Go to
www.britany-ferries.co.uk
Christophe Mathiew updates it every fee days
I was booked to go back also but flying back in July instead

Liked by: AdiH

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2020  ·  #4
Brittany ferries are notoriously unreliable, unprofessional and their customer care is atrocious. We’ve had ferries cancelled at the last minute, sailings delayed, no contact possible and no alternatives given.
They care little or nothing for traffic which isn’t freight.
Unfortunately they are the only show in town with regard to Ireland/Spain/Ireland routes and we’re stuck with them, we’ve booked for October this year once again........ can’t imagine them being any different and fully expect a fiasco before we get away once again.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Ferry Bilbao to Rosslare

· 
Posted: 12.06.2020  ·  #5
Quote by Alfonso
I would think that this is in contravention of their license agreement issued by the Irish Government.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this matter. I am considering rocking up to the port but I will be stymied if they don't accept me.

Besides the fact we don't have a Government. when we did none of them gave a sh*t how the ferry company's treated the Irish travelling public.add to that the current Minister is'nt even an elected Poli-Tick.
If you want a reaction park sideways the top of the axcess road.

Liked by: GMAC

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2020  ·  #6
We were due to sail on 17th July. Obviously we’d written it off for this summer. However I became a bit more hopeful a few weeks ago and pushed it out until 24th July just to buy us time to see if restrictions were lifted and also to get a clearer picture of the reality once Spain opens up.

Got an email during the week to say that Britanny Ferries are recommencing all sailings from Ireland from 29th of June.

We’re just waiting to see if the DFA will lift the non-essential travel advice so that our travel insurance is valid, and also lift the 14 day self isolation on return. We’re travelling for 3 weeks so I’m hoping that will be lifted before we return mid-August.

We’ll be having the same kind of holiday we would in Ireland- socially distancing etc and I’d feel a lot safer having a meal and a drink outdoors than I would indoors in Ireland, and at least with good weather we can go cycling, avoid public transport etc.

I’m a lot more positive and hopeful about going than I was only a few weeks ago.

Liked by: Ally, sootyrex

voyager
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2020  ·  #7
We have a sailing for August 8th, having rescheduled from June. Getting more hopeful by the day that DFA will lift restrictions. France's numbers not bad currently. Of course things can change either here or there. Bonne chance !

Liked by: AdiH

Seanjack1
Subject:

France and Spain

· 
Posted: 26.06.2020  ·  #8
We sail Aug 1st Dublin to cherbourg and back 30 Aug Bilbao to rosslare. O.H still not sure, will try to convince her we would be more isolated over there than here. Lol

TippOff
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.06.2020  ·  #9
Looks like France is going to remain on the RED list for self-isolating on return.

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.07.2020  ·  #10
Hopefully we’ll get clarity on this by 9th July as previously promised!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.