Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

XPS Insulation

· 
Posted: 28.05.2020  ·  #1
Hi ,

I'm renovating a 88 talbot express. I need to replace the wall insulation. I am trying to find 20mm XPS insulation in ireland but i'm having no luck whatsoever!

Would anyone know where i can get this?

Originally i thought i could just use the regular stuff, but supposedly XPS is a lot stronger, and considering it's basically just 2*1s and insulation holding up the camper van i better try and get this.

If anyone knows a supplier in ireland or anything about insulation in general, i'd appreciate advice on this.

Thanks a million,
Dominic

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: XPS Insulation

· 
Posted: 28.05.2020  ·  #2
Try Keating insulation in Castlebridge in Wexford. Not saying they will have it, but they might know where it could be got. Tell them David Murphy told you to call them. Might help. Won’t hurt.

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, panda

irishpatrick49
Craic'er
Subject:

Insulation.

· 
Posted: 28.05.2020  ·  #3
Not sure where u are in ireland but kingspan products are very good..
I had no problem getting 20 m I used it on the garage floor of mh .
There is a debate between EPS or XPS insulation manufacturing as they both say there product is better.
There is a a lot of reasons to dicuss but u would need to write a mini book to explain .
Personally I would use a foil backed EPS based on U Values .
Also there nothing to prevent u from doubling up on 2 10 m sheets.
Don’t forget to fit a membrane

Liked by: eirebus, panda

domjo
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: XPS Insulation

· 
Posted: 31.05.2020  ·  #4
Thanks for your reply guys.

Yeah I think i was ovethinking it a bit. Going to go ahead with the XPS though i think, 20mm.

Now just have to match the batton sizes, have shed loads 23 mm "2*1s" so will have to get somewhere to plane them down by 3 mm. Tedious getting all th materials but looking forward to having everything sorted to get a good clean run and not have to be waiting between bits.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.