newt
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

CVRT resuming on Monday 18th May

· 
Posted: 17.05.2020  ·  #1
Commercial vehicle testing is resuming tomorrow, see attachment.
My van was to be retested on 31st March but the lockdown scuppered that. They are still to decide how to handle these cases.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Liked by: johnnymac, panda

StephenC
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Vanderlust Van Conversion
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 LWB 130
Subject:

Re: CVRT resuming on Monday 18th May

· 
Posted: 17.05.2020  ·  #2
Just realised when the tax came for renewal recently that I was supposed to get the van CVRT in January. Have it booked in now for Tuesday. This is our first test, any prep advice. Do people clear things out from the inside or is making sure everything is stowed away in cabinets ok?

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.05.2020  ·  #3
You will be fine with stuff stowed away. As it's this Tuesday not much you can really do but check every light that they work, headlights correctly aligned etc. And remove hub caps if fitted....best of luck 👍

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

CVRT resuming on Monday 18th May

· 
Posted: 17.05.2020  ·  #4
Think of your van as it came from the manufacturer and everything that was fitted is working, they really dont care what was fitted inside afterwords.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.05.2020  ·  #5
Empty the van of any particularly heavy items as the brake efficiency test includes the weight of the van in the equation.
The heavier the van the better the brakes must be to achieve a given % efficiency.

If it's a FIAT with rear discs drive a little with the handbrake gently on to clear and rust or grit away which could affect its efficiency reading.

Liked by: eirebus

StephenC
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Vanderlust Van Conversion
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 LWB 130
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.05.2020  ·  #6
Thanks all, it passed anyway. Turned out to be a great time to bring it in as the test centre was empty. Mine was the only vehicle there. Took a bit longer than it should have as all three mechanics were having a good nosey around it.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.05.2020  ·  #7
Quote by StephenC

Thanks all, it passed anyway. Turned out to be a great time to bring it in as the test centre was empty. Mine was the only vehicle there. Took a bit longer than it should have as all three mechanics were having a good nosey around it.

Good result 👍

Liked by: sprinter

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2020  ·  #8
The following is from the RSA website. Obviously for 'commercial vehicles' read motor caravans as the RSA continues to ignore the fact that in law they are a separate private passenger vehicle category and not commercial vehicles.

What vehicles were covered in the extension of the test due dates for commercial vehicles?

• Any commercial vehicle with a first test due date falling during the period beginning on 28 March
2020 and ending on 30 June 2020, will have its test due date pushed forward by 3 months.

• Any vehicle with a valid certificate of roadworthiness (CRW) on 28 March 2020 (i.e. test due
date on or after 28 March 2020), will have its test due date pushed forward by 3 months.

Remember, unlike cars which can be tested up to 90 days in advance of the due date motor caravans are subject to the commercial vehicle regime which only allows 1 month in advance of the due date.

Liked by: cowboy70, eirebus, panda

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.