baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Electric MH anyone

· 
Posted: 10.05.2020  ·  #1
I've just been reading a review of the new Opel Vivario-e and the speck is not at all bad if applied to a motorhome.
330km range, 136 bhp, 260 Nm of torque, 3,100kg GVW and 1,000kg towing capability.

I know the Vivario is probably not a suitable base vehicle for an A-class or coach-built but the powertrain performance numbers are pretty much as good as the many diesel vehicles that are.

The limited range should not be a problem for touring if camping pitches and Aires included adequate power supplies to EHU's
A regular 16 amp 220v power outlet should bring a fully discharged 75kWh battery (as in the Vivario) back to 80% overnight and to 100% in about 20 hours.
A 400v 3 phase Quick Charge charging point would whack in a full charge in 1¾ hours while stopped for lunch or 80% in less than 1 hour if stopped for just a coffee.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, panda, sprinter

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Electric MH anyone

· 
Posted: 10.05.2020  ·  #2
With those sort of numbers it’s beginning to look like a viable option Colin.
Be interesting to see ‘real life’ figures, how it stacks up and the viability in the ‘real world’

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.05.2020  ·  #3
Not a hope of getting even half that range fully loaded and towing a trailer of 1000 kg. IMO

Liked by: Eyore, ntg, Wolvespaul

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.05.2020  ·  #4
The quoted are the WLTP figures (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicle Test Procedure) which are supposed to be based on the results of new real-world tests.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Electric MH anyone

· 
Posted: 10.05.2020  ·  #5
What about old fella in the woodpile.
The cost, how much would it put on the average 2berth 6mtr low profile?
Can you see anyone here putting in charge points for motorhome's or the French/ Spanish.when a they're still working on 2pin plugs

I really think Hybrid is the way to go.

but, the way things are shaping up in Dáil Éireann . There will be so much horesshit coming out of it, methane may be the way to go.
wonder could one get a franchise for a filling station on Merrion or Kildare Street

Liked by: eirebus, panda

Eyore
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Homebuilt Campervan.
Base Vehicle: Citroen Relay
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2020  ·  #6
One thing we all know having bought various vehicles whether petrol,diesel or other is that manufacturers figures are always lies and damned lies.

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

samih
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Red bus (getting there)
Base Vehicle: Sprinter 313 CDi LWB '14
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2020  ·  #7
75 kWh onboard power would be great for wildcamping if you had a charging station nearby. Full weekend of induction cooking, microwave, tv etc. would hardly make a dent in the battery. Our house normally uses less than 10 kWh/a day and that's with all the usual household usage.

I'd expect the van to have maybe 250 km range on motorway with 75 kWh onboard at 100 km/h. The weight has very little affect on EV achievable range. Speed, roof racks, towing and in general everything that increases drag are on the other hand bad for the range.

Liked by: baguette

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2020  ·  #8
I don’t really get why you think weight makes very little difference. If that was true then a Ford ka and a minded could have the same size batteries/ engine. Which they don’t. I would think it obvious that it would use more energy to move something 3000 kg than something 1000 kg.
If your hypothesis was correct, manufacturers wouldn’t be trying to make their vehicles lighter all the time.

Liked by: The Rambler

samih
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Red bus (getting there)
Base Vehicle: Sprinter 313 CDi LWB '14
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2020  ·  #9
The reason for weight thing on an EV is the regen braking so even when you use more energy going up the hills and accelerating it cancels out later on. We have driven a LEAF since 2015 and I have never seen any difference in the range regardless of number of passengers. But cold weather and wind have a very noticeable effect compared to the conventional vehicles.

Liked by: baguette

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.