Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Row Campsite

· 
Posted: 20.07.2019  ·  #1
Lovely campsite in Cavan (on the app), some very interesting roads to get there. You'll need a uni-mog in the winter! 😁

It certainly is a little bit of paradise.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: Row Campsite

· 
Posted: 21.07.2019  ·  #2
We were there about 10 days ago and I did a review on the App. Sheer bliss of a place and an ideal place to unwind and relax and Sean and his wife are most helpful and thoughtful.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2019  ·  #3
Lovely people indeed. Some craic, he was in our van for a while. I showed him all the reviews on the app, including yours, he was very impressed.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.08.2019  ·  #4
How much does it cost to stay overnight in Row campsite ? App Review doesn’t say.
At moment in Lough Rynn which is very nice, only €15 with all facilities. Roads good from here to Dublin with N4/M4 close by.
Deciding whether to stay another night here then go home or go cross country to Row campsite only 40 mins on google maps from here.
That road in Ally’s photos looks bit narrow wouldn’t want to meet anyone coming opposite direction..

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.08.2019  ·  #5
Quote by R&N

How much does it cost to stay overnight in Row campsite ? App Review doesn’t say.
At moment in Lough Rynn which is very nice, only €15 with all facilities. Roads good from here to Dublin with N4/M4 close by.
Deciding whether to stay another night here then go home or go cross country to Row campsite only 40 mins on google maps from here.
That road in Ally’s photos looks bit narrow wouldn’t want to meet anyone coming opposite direction..

€20 or €25, cant remember. I thought it was quite expensive.

The road isn't an issue, it looks mad, but plenty of pull in bits, also the locals seem to reverse for bigger vehicles.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.08.2019  ·  #6
Thanks Ally, think we will stay here in Lough Rynn🙂

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #7

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #8
ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #9
This is definitely a very brave decision but not one that everyone will be in a position to make.
Around us here I think that there has been to much of an effort this week to get people back to work.
Builders yards started to open last week,then more this week and even more next week.
Surely it would be better to ride things out for another week or too at this point than have another spike and everyone back to the starting point.

Liked by: eirebus

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #10
Well, another two weeks here Norman, before any lifting. That will be 7 weeks for the majority, and 10 weeks for my parents. A little give for them, from Tuesday. But not much.

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, sprinter

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #11
Quote by ntg

This is definitely a very brave decision but not one that everyone will be in a position to make.
Around us here I think that there has been to much of an effort this week to get people back to work.
Builders yards started to open last week,then more this week and even more next week.
Surely it would be better to ride things out for another week or too at this point than have another spike and everyone back to the starting point.

I agree it would be a huge mistake to rush things. But I’m surprised that they have written off the year already but I can also understand why, health is more important than wealth.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #12
Well, I would like to book for the first week you are open. I am totally flexible as to when that will be, I would just love to have something/ anything booked. I am 100% happy to pay now, in full for my stay. As it’s an ever moving constant, I know that my booking will be adjustable as things progress, given the brilliant reviews of your facility and of you both.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #13
Quote by Daffysparks

Well, I would like to book for the first week you are open. I am totally flexible as to when that will be, I would just love to have something/ anything booked. I am 100% happy to pay now, in full for my stay. As it’s an ever moving constant, I know that my booking will be adjustable as things progress, given the brilliant reviews of your facility and of you both.

It does sound like a nice site and I should think they would appreciate your offer, very nice of you,

Liked by: eirebus

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #14
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Quote by Daffysparks

It does sound like a nice site and I should think they would appreciate your offer, very nice of you,

It is a great site alright Jamie,Amanda say's you've never been there, especially when there's a bit of work to be done 😁

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #15
I have obviously missed a beat here. Not unusual. 😩
My outreach was to you Jamie and your facilities. I can only apologise to whom ever I inadvertently extended my plea

Liked by: MAURICE, ntg

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #16
StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #17
Quote by Daffysparks

I have obviously missed a beat here. Not unusual. 😩
My outreach was to you Jamie and your facilities. I can only apologise to whom ever I inadvertently extended my plea

Funny and you have made me laugh. I don’t know the Row site but it does look good.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #18
Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #19
Quote by Daffysparks

That's a very unusual and coherent statement from you at this hour on a Friday night. Are you sure Ben didn't write it for you. :lol: :lol:

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2020  ·  #20
Quote by Daffysparks

It’s been a day 🤪🤪
Howsoever, I would in all seriousness like to book and pay for a stay in your park. Strandcampingdoonbeg Every euro now, let’s help each other

I'm thinking similar, Jamie, if you'll take a booking on the basis of the first weekend (or maybe week) you're open, I'll make that booking tomorrow. We're fine with no facilities other than filling and emptying of water.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Row Campsite

· 
Posted: 02.05.2020  ·  #21
This might add a bit of light to the situation
The 20th of July seems to be opening time. Best if luck Jami amd all the others.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2020  ·  #22
StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2020  ·  #23
Quote by <BM>

Appropriate filters applied

18 May doesn’t appear to include Aires as tourism is restricted to non stationary and in any case the distance you are allowed to travel means the aire would have to be very close to home.

Re 20 of July this does look the very earliest campsites may open and people can travel outside their region.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2020  ·  #24
StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2020  ·  #25
Quote by Daffysparks

It’s been a day 🤪🤪
Howsoever, I would in all seriousness like to book and pay for a stay in your park. Strandcampingdoonbeg Every euro now, let’s help each other

Thank you David and Bryan for offering to book now. Please don’t take this the wrong way, we are currently refunding all bookings we have had between the end of May through to 19th of July inclusive (it’s actually quite time consuming) and whilst we know that many would simply want us to hold the money to use against a later date it gets quite messy for us holding money against in allocated dates. Hence the refund now but please book again when we can open and you can travel.

You’d all be more welcome when we can reopen and I gladly take some Euros off you then.

Liked by: <BM>, eirebus, panda, sprinter, +deleted user

Comet
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rapido
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2020  ·  #26
Good stuff Strand Camping, it sure is a time-consuming job.
But when you do open.......there will be some almighty rush to get on the road......and bookings will hopefully be off the wall :P
8-)

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2020  ·  #27
Quote by Comet

Good stuff Strand Camping, it sure is a time-consuming job.
But when you do open.......there will be some almighty rush to get on the road......and bookings will hopefully be off the wall :P
8-)

Thank you when we get going again we will pleased to get some custom but we will be sensible about it, we have never been the campsite that will squeeze in every potential customer and that won’t change. Space will be more important than ever now.
But all the same it’s great to have something to look forward to.

Liked by: Comet, eirebus, ntg, panda, sprinter, +deleted user

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.