e flow for N.I. registered vehicles

Subject:

e flow for N.I. registered vehicles

· 
Posted: 31.10.2011  ·  #1
Is anyone with a Northern registered vehicle using an account on e flow?

I have been thinking about doing it to save us stopping to pay on the way somewhere.
We have found it difficult to find places to pay in places like Kerry which means stopping somewhere on the journey.

I was going to go for the video registration as I assume they only charge the credit card when you go under the gantry.

Any thoughts on this ?

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: e flow for N.I. registered vehicles

· 
Posted: 01.11.2011  ·  #2
Hi Mark,

I registered earlier this year. For years we found it difficult to find a widespead acceptance of payments at shops and garages. I sure was not going to pay by phone as this would be at international rates, worse still payment by card would attract conversion costs etc ( but i do keep a Post Office Credit card for use abroad and south as it is free of charges).

You can add other vehicles.

Theoretically a video account is charged at 2.50 rather than 3.00 payg, however I am being charged 3.20 when vat is added. I have queried this but not had an answer yet, still more convenient and cheaper than pay by phone. BUT I have linked the account to my Post Office card to avoid the charges.

The statement comes in by e-mail monthly and is debited automatically soon after, just like a credit card statement.

All the best,

Davy

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.11.2011  ·  #3
Intersting, I was thinking of registering my card but never thought of the card company charging me for converting it.

Mind you, it would only be a few times a year.

As you say, it is a convience thing.

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.11.2011  ·  #4
just pay online when you get a chance

i go down seberal times a year mountainbiking and theres hardly anywhere you can pay, i looked at an account but as you say by the time vat is added it is no cheaper,plus there was a monthly fee for the account.

they make great effort to tell you have 24 hours to pay,dont panic, they are only too glad you pay soonest.
i was in motorhome in sept touring ring of kerry etc and passed through early on my holiday,i paid about 12 days later with no fine or reprimand.

if its only a couple of times a year its not viable to pay an account, also be careful paying by visa as they charge foreign transaction chardes.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.