StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

We are Not taking any bookings for May

· 
Posted: 25.04.2020  ·  #1
We have now cancelled any bookings for May. We do not know when we will be able to re open but we did want to hold customers money and even if we are allowed to re open before the end of May we did not people to feel obliged to come because they had already paid.
We will only re open when it is sensible to do so and of course when legal to do so.
I would only re open if I personally would be prepared to go camping myself. We are considering when the restrictions are lifted a number of options including operating as an aire with the toilets and showers being locked. And every other pitch being kept empty. If we decide to open the toilet block we may only open the two ensuites in each bathroom which would then provide plenty of space for users.

Obviously financially it’s tough but we would rather take the hit than puts others health at risk.

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: We are Not taking any bookings for May

· 
Posted: 25.04.2020  ·  #2
The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2020  ·  #3
May the 5th be with you. I wonder what kind if easing of restrictions we will begin to see? Some businesses will have to start opening eventually. I’m sure campsites can be managed much more sensibly than pubs and restaurants. I look forward to some camping when it is appropriate to do so

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

We are Not taking any bookings for May

· 
Posted: 25.04.2020  ·  #4
I think opening as an Aire for a start would be the way to go Jami , for you and others. Possibly for the remainder of the year. You could use all your site including the caravan and camping pitches , you may be able to arrange the UK and Continental vans in separate areas,so that all Hab, doors are on the opposite sides on all pitches. Some may grumble but its your park and lively hood, so everyone parks, the way you want, or not at all.
Providing on the Air service untill you can get back fully.
At this stage I'm sure you are thinking of maybe extending your season this year if you get one started.
I for one will be down your way if we can get out.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2020  ·  #5
I'm fully expecting our 1st August trip to France to be cancelled so either a few short trips around Ireland or one long trip with the kids will be the plan. Doonbeg and Strand Camping is definitely on our radar too. Its a year to support businesses that you might want to use some other time in the future.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.04.2020  ·  #6
Quote by <BM>

I'm fully expecting our 1st August trip to France to be cancelled so either a few short trips around Ireland or one long trip with the kids will be the plan. Doonbeg and Strand Camping is definitely on our radar too. Its a year to support businesses that you might want to use some other time in the future.

Totally agree with you Bryan, we all should support Irish business's where possible, and do you know the cost of that ferry to France or Spain would buy you a good few nights in an Irish Campsite no matter how expensive they are. We have holidayed at home for the last couple years and find it much cheaper. it will be strange if the pubs or restaurants aren't open though.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.