tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: A shout out

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #2
Would my step-daughter qualify? She's an NHS phlebotomist in the UK, working long daily shifts taking bloods from Covid 19 patients....she confessed she drove to work one day last week just crying 😭
Thank God for her and all those working to keep us safe.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #3
Quote by tony glenn

Would my step-daughter qualify? She's an NHS phlebotomist in the UK, working long daily shifts taking bloods from Covid 19 patients....she confessed she drove to work one day last week just crying 😭
Thank God for her and all those working to keep us safe.

Too right she makes the list, whats her first Name?

If it is ok with admin, I’d like to start a list for any front line workers on our forum, so that we can acknowledge their bravery and sacrifices. I don’t know of many, but I’m sure there are some, I’d like to kick things off with Jack the Rev, a man trying to offer solace, when all around is chaos.

1: Jack the Rev
2: Sandra Mackenzie (Tony Glens Daughter)
3:
4:
5:

Liked by: ntg, The Rambler, TippOff, +deleted user

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #4
Her name? Sandra Forde!

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #5
ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #6
This is probably out of character for me but my stepson is an anethetist in St George's hospital in London and the stories from there would make your hair stand. His name is Matthew Buick and Rosi will have my life for this.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #7
If it is ok with admin, I’d like to start a list for any front line workers on our forum, so that we can acknowledge their bravery and sacrifices. I don’t know of many, but I’m sure there are some, I’d like to kick things off with Jack the Rev, a man trying to offer solace, when all around is chaos.

1: Jack the Rev
2: Sandra Mackenzie (Tony Glens Daughter)
3: Matthew Buick (ntg Stepson)
4:
5:

Liked by: Ally, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #8
Quote by ntg

This is probably out of character for me but my stepson is an anethetist in St George's hospital in London and the stories from there would make your hair stand. His name is Matthew Buick and Rosi will have my life for this.

Fair play to him Norman. Rosi must be very proud of him, and terrified for him. 👍👍

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, ntg, sprinter

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #9
I cannot post names without obtaining their permission, but, in our family (nieces and cousins) we have a child physiologist called onto the children’s wards (usually outpatient based). A niece who works in the children’s hospice which is being cleared to become end of life accommodation for Covid sufferers, and another who was to graduate as a nurse later this year but now on the wards to free more experienced to move up to supplement frontline virus nursing staff. A cousin who manages a day centre (currently closed) for pensioners now seconded to increase staffing in a residential setting for mentally ill pensioners.

Davy

Liked by: Ally, JJF, kabundi, ntg, TippOff, +deleted user

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #10
Quote by Daffysparks

Quote by ntg

Fair play to him Norman. Rosi must be very proud of him, and terrified for him. 👍👍

Proud yes and very proud ,but scared and why can the idiots that are still going about their business as usual an are not front line workers not see what they are doing?

Liked by: Ally, GMAC, sprinter, TippOff, +deleted user

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2020  ·  #11
Quote by ntg

Proud yes and very proud ,but scared and why can the idiots that are still going about their business as usual an are not front line workers not see what they are doing?

People that know me know I never run anyone down, I am never the one looking down on someone unless it's helping them up.

But... These last few days and the idiotic things people are doing despairs me. I am beginning to wonder in some cases I may be wrong and some people just don't deserve a 'hand up.' instead they need stood on.

Liked by: ntg, sprinter

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2020  ·  #12
The care and medical staff on the frontline just can’t be commended enough. It surely makes those of us with more regular jobs understand the difference between a vocation and a paycheque. It’s humbling. We can’t say thank you enough.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, JMAC, ntg, panda, TippOff

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2020  ·  #13
Our sons girlfriend who we hope will become our daughter-in-law soon is a a ward sister in London on a Covid 19 ward ,he hasn’t seen her in four weeks now very worrying times ,and while she is on the front line and working tons more hours than she should and not getting payed for it ,our politicians have taken a £10,000 pay rise because they have to work from home ,makes me sick

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2020  ·  #14
Quote by hillton9

our politicians have taken a £10,000 pay rise because they have to work from home ,makes me sick

A pig will always get its fat snout in a trough, fill its fat face....agreed it's sickening.

Where the hell is the 10K for Every nurse, every doctor, every frontline worker, a lot of them have already made the ultimate sacrifice for us and laid down their lives so we may live...... What the hell for? for a crowd of useless thieving politicians can skim the cream of the top. Remember who they are the next time you see your MP, tell them exactly what your opinion of them is........ absolutely Disgusting behaviour at a time like this.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2020  ·  #15
@jacktherev

You're doing amazing work and we appreciate everything you are doing. We all hope you stay safe.

(I'll be in contact today)

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2020  ·  #16
Quote by hillton9

Our sons girlfriend who we hope will become our daughter-in-law soon is a a ward sister in London on a Covid 19 ward ,he hasn’t seen her in four weeks now very worrying times ,and while she is on the front line and working tons more hours than she should and not getting payed for it ,our politicians have taken a £10,000 pay rise because they have to work from home ,makes me sick

Put her name on the list Robert. Even if it states sons/ girlfriend Still she should be there 👍

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, ntg, panda, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.