seamus
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Brittanny Ferries

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #1
Hi all. Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic my wife and I thought it more prudent to cancel our trip with Brittany Ferries for the 7-07-2020 to France. Having given over 90 days notice I got a reply referring me to their terms of contract and that I would not be getting back my 540 euros deposit and that If I want to change sailing dates I can do so but will have to wait for the 2021 itinerary to book next year. But if I decide to do that I have to return before the 07-07-21 rather than the 08-08-21which would have been our departure dates for this year. Also when you scroll down their terms of contract there is a mention of flexi fares. To my knowledge when you book Brittany Ferries there is no flexi fare. If you need to change a booking you pay an extra admin fee.

Has anyone else had any dealings Re; cancelations with Brittany Ferries.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Brittanny Ferries

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #2
Seems a rather large deposit,IF/Stena only want€100,

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Brittanny Ferries

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #3
Did you do this on line or by phone.

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #4
540 euros I’d have thought was the complete bill.
Surely there has to be some way of recouping some of this,
Seek advice

seamus
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #5
All done by email. That's the problem with Brittany Ferries they look for 50% of the fare as a deposit. Having again been in touch with them it does state that the deposit is non refundable. But I have pointed out to them that their Terms-Conditions state that a 25% deposit is required to secure a booking. Brittany's response it was changed from 25% to 50% last year. As I pointed out to them no it still states 25%and not 50%. Also I was being offered a voucher which meant I had to be back from France on the 06-07-21 as opposed to the original return date which would be 08-0821.
I also pointed out the fact that their Terms-Conditions state that the cancellation voucher is valid for 2 years and no 1 year as they are offering. All in all still in a quandary do I go or do I stay. Although we are not due to sail until July and with the current situation on going all we can is wait and see. Still hopefully if I do decide to cancel I can get back 25% of it.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Brittanny Ferries

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #6
I think it's time to talk to a real person and from last year's mess with the Cork office.you should try the UK contacts which were much more helpfully.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #7
Hugh Bruton who in charge of the Cork office is, in my humble opinion, totally incompetent and long overdue a course in customer service and crisis management.
Last year he was about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike when I needed to contact that office.
In the end, a very competent person in the Plymouth office sorted my problem in less than two minutes.

We have normally used IF or Celtic link / Stena but, as a treat, we decided on using the BF flagship Pont Aven, but NEVER AGAIN. Unlike the legacy airline's who have changed their practices and pricing to survive BF seems to be still stuck in the mould of a 'national carrier',

Liked by: eirebus, panda, sprinter

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #8
Brittany ferries customer services is abysmal at the best, absolute no regard for their customers.
Had our sailing cancelled 3 times last Oct/Nov, once when we were sitting at Cobh for next morning sailing.
Only it’s a direct sailing to Spain and no other options we would not use them, hopefully this new outfit sailing Cork/Vigo will get running soon.... no wonder Brittany ferries get bad press from it’s clients.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #9
By the time this present difficult time is over they will all be singing from a different hymn sheet.
Otherwise they will be history.

Liked by: JJF, panda

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #10
Agree with all thats been said...Brittany Ferries Service, and customer service are absolutely horrendous :devil:

Liked by: eirebus, JJF

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Brittanny Ferries

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #11
As I said try talking to someone who speaks the queens English, and I don't mean the Cork version.( sorry Cork friends )😁

Liked by: JJF

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2020  ·  #12
Just a thought for unhappy travellers, contact the M.D at Head Office, BAI sa / Port du Bloscon ,/ bp 72/29680 Roscoff France ,remember as in days of yore if you throw enough of the brown stuff around, some always sticks and the awkward personnel are a little more attentive to your needs after all you are the customer

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, panda

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2020  ·  #13
Quote by nilrac

Just a thought for unhappy travellers, contact the M.D at Head Office, BAI sa / Port du Bloscon ,/ bp 72/29680 Roscoff France ,remember as in days of yore if you throw enough of the brown stuff around, some always sticks and the awkward personnel are a little more attentive to your needs after all you are the customer

Christophe Mathieu CEO at the head office is yer man, email address Christophe.Mathieu@brittany-ferries.fr

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Brittanny Ferries

· 
Posted: 05.04.2020  ·  #14
Brittany Ferries UK
Mr Christophe MathieuCEO  EmailChristophe.
Mathieu@brittany-ferries.fr  
Telephone
01752 648000
Switchboard
Websitehttps://www.brittany-ferries.com
Social Media Postal AddressMillbay, Plymouth, PL1 3EWCompany Number01080495Company

Liked by: CHAUSSON, panda

seamus
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2020  ·  #15
Thanks for the name and email address sprinter. I am expecting a reply to my latest email to the Cork office in the morning. If still no satisfaction I will definitely be contacting their CEO.

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, panda

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Brittanny Ferries

· 
Posted: 05.04.2020  ·  #16
Quote by seamus

Thanks for the name and email address sprinter. I am expecting a reply to my latest email to the Cork office in the morning. If still no satisfaction I will definitely be contacting their CEO.

You might forward the mail's to him anyway and and let them k ow you have and then CC him on all future
e-mails

Liked by: eirebus, ntg

Dumbo VI
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Dumbo VI

· 
Posted: 05.04.2020  ·  #17
We're having similiar problems with Brittany Ferries
I have emailed the UK.office to.adk.why there are different conditions regarding amending/cancellatiom for Ireland and also the expiry time for vouchers.
We are booked on the Rosslare to Bilbao ferry on April.22nd. Spain is now locked down until.April.27th but, so far, no.indication.of a cancellation.
I.have contacted the Consumer Affairs office and they have directed me to.the EU commission as it is a French company, but I'll wait to see what transpires in the next week.
If I wete you I would wait it out - you have time on.your side. I.can.understand that you do.not wish to travel but neither do.you want to.let Brittany Ferties leep.your deposit

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2020  ·  #18
I'm not entirely sure but if you decide to travel the ferry will bring you to your destination, you will be refused entry to the country and the ferry will bring you home again, something to do with maritime law, freight is being put on by local port and taken off by local port authority ,no drivers traveling

Dumbo VI
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Dumbo VI

· 
Posted: 06.04.2020  ·  #19
I've had a reply to the email I sent to Brittany Ferries UK. I had 3 questions :

1. Would the sailing to Bilbao on April 22nd be cancelled. A very unclear answer.
- watch the sailing schedule updates.

2. Why the difference in the number of days for a free cancellation between Ireland and the UK. These are old conditions and are being updated to the same conditions as for Irish bookings.

3. Likewise for the validity period of the voucher - one year and the UK will be similar when the conditions are updated.
Not a great display of good customer service - most unhelpful. But at least we know how they will deal with any amendment/ cancellation.

seamus
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2020  ·  #20
Hi Dumbo 1V.
Should you decide to cancel. You will only get a voucher for 1 year also you will have to return on what would be your departure date for this year next year.

Don't be fobbed off if your sailing is cancelled by Brittany Ferries. I have an email from Brittany Ferries stating that in the event of sailings being cancelled you will be given a voucher for the amount of the fare which is valid for two years.

As you said Irish passengers are NOT being given the option of either economy or flexi fares. Which are only available from English ports.

If you go into their terms and Conditions, scroll down to Confirmation and Payment. Look at the second paragraph you will see that vouchers are valid for a period of two years.

Liked by: panda

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.