heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

Twin camera input

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #1
Keep finding "improvements" to do so I don't have to help with the many, many jobs I should be around the house
So looking to install a forward facing camera and front parking sensors
Question for today
Can you have two wireless cameras into one monitor (It does have two imputs) or will they interfere with each other or will it have to be one wireless and one hard wired.

I think that it will take up most of a week for me to do and God willing things might have improved a little by then.

David

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

Re: Twin camera input

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #2
If it has 2 camera inputs then it should work but i'd be inclined to hard wire the rear camera to an input and wireless the front camera.

I'm sure someone with knowledge on these things will be along to answer your question David.

Galldar
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Paddy the Pilote Galaxy 78MX
Base Vehicle: Citroen 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2020  ·  #3
I don't have a reversing camera (yet) but I've read (probably on here somewhere) that one of the disadvantages of using a wireless camera is that if another one is in close proximity there can be interference. Usually wouldn't be a problem for reversing cameras as unlikely to have two wireless cameras on at the same time close to each other. So I'd say you would have to hard wire at least one of them.

Wolvespaul
Craic'er
My Motorhome: 2004 Adria Adriatik 620sk
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2020  ·  #4
Hi,
What is the purpose of your forward camera being connected to the monitor?

As previously said by someone, unless ur monitor allows for more than one trigger , I would see an issue having both wireless cameras as you have interference.

What set uo are you hoping to achieve?

Paul

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2020  ·  #5
Quote by Wolvespaul

Hi,

As previously said by someone, unless ur monitor allows for more than one trigger , I would see an issue having both wireless cameras as you have interference.

What set uo are you hoping to achieve?

Paul

Hi Paul

The purpose is mainly to assist with fitting the van into the tight space as i have problems actually seeing the front of the van and have less than about 10cm to get it right when putting the van away.
My Wildax came with a rear facing roof mounted camera which has a moving lens as it acts as a full time rear view camera and when reverse selected somehow it moves the lens to point down and this goes to a mirror monitor
The monitor (which does have twin feed option) is a secondary monitor dash mounted and receives wireless signal from a low mounted reversing camera (self fitted) which is wired in such a way that I can switch on manually from a dash mounted switch this gives me a longer field of vision and thus safety in reversing. The front mounted camera would be operated in a similar manner i.e. a dash mounted switch, in fact I have now seen a suitable switch that can operate as a two way so both cameras can be operated from the one switch, should I decide on this option
I have spend some time today researching and now believe that one will have to be wired unless the single wireless receiver can receive from both senders (possible as both Chinese origin and range of signal options apparently is small) as the way i am thinking at present to install means that both cannot be on at the same time, but I may well switch separately yet
Bit over the top maybe but will also be a added safety and it is keeping me sane (well almost) at this terrible time.
Any observations greatly appreciated
David

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Twin camera input

· 
Posted: 05.04.2020  ·  #6
The two way switch you get in some arm rests to operate the electric mirrors would work also giving the adavatage of turning both off.
But how will you keep the camera clean enough to operate, will you not have to get out and clean it everytime you drive?.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2020  ·  #7
Quote by sprinter

The two way switch you get in some arm rests to operate the electric mirrors would work also giving the adavatage of turning both off.
But how will you keep the camera clean enough to operate, will you not have to get out and clean it everytime you drive?.

Never gave it a thought re keeping clean Martin, but it cant really get much muckier than a rear one with all the road dirt from the back wheels being drawn onto the back of the van.
I was thinking more along the lines of a E-Bay switch they can be picked up UK for less than 3 quid
I am still not allowed any booze, don't smoke so have to keep busy on the van.
Oh I am not allowed to do either gardening or decorating (the first I hate the second I used to enjoy)
What You up to to keep yourself sane.
David

Liked by: panda, sprinter

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2020  ·  #8
I’m drinking, smoking, (no) and generally lazing about, pretending I’m on holiday, every second day. Every other day, I’m like a maniac, cutting, trimming, washing everything and anything.
I haven’t even looked at the MH. That’s too depressing. I’d better have a check around it soon though, I guess.

Liked by: ntg, panda, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.