Homepage: POSINABOX.ie
My Motorhome: Rimor Europedo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit 2.5TDI
Subject:

Wild Camping

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #1
Hello From Richard, Geraldine.

Last weekend we decided on Saturday to head down to Fetard, the Campervan Site (Norman View) was closed, we rang the owner of the site (Joseph) and he said that most sites would be closing. We drove on over to Hook Lighthouse and camped up for the night, was really nice.

Just wondering whats everyones take on heading off Wild Camping in Ireland over the next few weeks is?

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

Re: Wild Camping

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #2
Quote by RosieTheCamper

Hello From Richard, Geraldine.

Last weekend we decided on Saturday to head down to Fetard, the Campervan Site (Norman View) was closed, we rang the owner of the site (Joseph) and he said that most sites would be closing. We drove on over to Hook Lighthouse and camped up for the night, was really nice.

Just wondering whats everyones take on heading off Wild Camping in Ireland over the next few weeks is?

Hi Richard and Geraldine,

My take would be to have the van loaded with everything we need for the weekend, head off somewhere remote and come home without any interaction with other people, would be exactly the same as staying home. Problem is,,,,It will look irresponsible to most of the public and not worth the grief it may cause....Reluctantly we are staying put.

RosieTheCamper
Homepage: POSINABOX.ie
My Motorhome: Rimor Europedo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit 2.5TDI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #3
Hi Panda

That out thoughts exactly... We love Wild Camping and being away from other humans is not a problem. chances are we wont even need to go to a shop as everything is in the house ready to rock... just wondering will it reflect bad on the Campervan Life?
Last weekend we got plenty of waves and smiles (Could nearly tell people where wishing it was them in the campervan)

Liked by: panda

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #4
Quote by RosieTheCamper

Hi Panda

That out thoughts exactly... We love Wild Camping and being away from other humans is not a problem. chances are we wont even need to go to a shop as everything is in the house ready to rock... just wondering will it reflect bad on the Campervan Life?
Last weekend we got plenty of waves and smiles (Could nearly tell people where wishing it was them in the campervan)

Yes...Think it wont look good for our community, even though we all know its the same as staying at home....Not worth the grief imho.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #5
I think 90 to 100% of the people on this forum would love to get out right now, find an isolated spot and just enjoy themselves. But it’s contrary to government advice/rules and for the time being a stay on the drive, backyard or similar is probably a better option.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #6
Folks all I’m saying and I work on the front line k]in a large hospital, please TAKE THIS SERIOUS;Y AND DOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN. THATS ALL IM SAYING. I know most than more because of my job/ministry this is serious stuff.

Liked by: sootyrex

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #7
Quote by jacktherev

Folks all I’m saying and I work on the front line k]in a large hospital, please TAKE THIS SERIOUS;Y AND DOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN. THATS ALL IM SAYING. I know most than more because of my job/ministry this is serious stuff.

You probably do know more than most but your typing skills are worst than most. Don’t blame Ally on the computer programming

Liked by: Geri

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #8
Likewise folks.
Lead by example....,
Please ... PLEASE STAY PUT

We will overcome this, one day we will have that beer, have the craic and it will be sweeter because of this.... but for now we collectively must work together and heed best advice.

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #9
Quote by JJF

Likewise folks.
Lead by example....,
Please ... PLEASE STAY PUT

We will overcome this, one day we will have that beer, have the craic and it will be sweeter because of this.... but for now we collectively must work together and heed best advice.

All I can do is repeat what has been said. We would all love to be away in our vans self isolating but the perception of the general public would be bad press for our community. The most important thing at this time is that we adhere to the medical and government advice to stay at home and hopefully reduce the number of victim's. Please please stay safe and stay at home.

Liked by: JJF

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #10
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Quote by jacktherev

You probably do know more than most but your typing skills are worst than most. Don’t blame Ally on the computer programming

It’s a joke between me and Ally. When one has had a day (12 hours) maybe I should not be even on here but I feel so frustrated when I see what our nurses etc have to deal with and the selfish things I see it makes me mad. Maybe I should take a break from here until I’m in the position to check what I post? All I want to get across is the seriousness of this virus.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #11
Its not Jack its them Apple products 😁😁

I get where you are coming from Jack,
And im sure a lot on here do aswell and are taking your advise and can understand your frustration when you see what you have,

No harm to get a bit of frustration off the chest from time to time,

Keep up the good work 👍🏻

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Wild Camping

· 
Posted: 24.03.2020  ·  #12
No Jack keep up what your doing , you obviously have s lot going on, in your day job, but do please stay on here as you can also be our conscience, just so long as you don't mind us taking the pee out of you every now and again.
Look after yourself as your close to the front line and in harms way.😷.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, Flipperdipper, ntg, panda, TippOff, +deleted user

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2020  ·  #13
Quote by jacktherev

Quote by jacktherev

It’s a joke between me and Ally. When one has had a day (12 hours) maybe I should not be even on here but I feel so frustrated when I see what our nurses etc have to deal with and the selfish things I see it makes me mad. Maybe I should take a break from here until I’m in the position to check what I post? All I want to get across is the seriousness of this virus.

Jack don’t change, I treat some of your posts as a word game.
I doubt there are many people who don’t realise the seriousness of the situation now. But there will always be a few selfish, ignorant, arrogant individuals who through their actions or careless decisions endanger others (many others).

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2020  ·  #14
Quote by jacktherev

Have loved your posts over the years Jack , don't change, I'd say things are quite stressful for you at the moment, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF too.
Keep posting maybe it'll help take your mind off a rough day 👋👋👋 to all the hospital staff 👍

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2020  ·  #15
I had to take a 30 minute drive yesterday for the annual CVRT. I must confess I felt a bit awkward on the way there and back, so I made sure my usual motorhome-heaven smile was well concealed. I tried to adopt an "I'm
not going away-this is just for the test-look I'm wearing surgical gloves" expression.

Liked by: Breeze, eirebus, ntg

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2020  ·  #16
Quote by jacktherev

Quote by jacktherev

Jack in times like this we need people people like you to help get this message accross.
There are those that are leaders in life and more often there are those that need to be led.
Good luck in your pastor roll and keep us informed.
Stay safe Jack.

Liked by: jacktherev, sootyrex, sprinter, tony glenn, +deleted user

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2020  ·  #17
I cannot emphasize enough the importance of staying at home and isolating yourself. If you have to go out stay at least 2 meters away from folk and constantly wash your hands. Unfortunately people don’t realise that they can be the ones that can carry this terrible virus. Only go out if it’s completely necessary and then be very careful. I can tell you if I hadn’t to be in the hospital I would be at home. Whatever you’re background maybe and if you haven’t prayed for years, for God’s sake pray now. This virus is serious.

sootyrex
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elddis
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2020  ·  #18
Please mind yourself Jack. Looking forward to meeting you some day on the road when all of this is a bad memory please God.

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.03.2020  ·  #19
Last week I was asking exactly the same question on this very forum and the overall concensus (back then) was to get out and keep it to ourselves, and that's exactly what we did!!

We headed out last Friday and wild camp around the Dingle Peninsula, enjoyed a nice few days of surfing and saw a few other vans coming and going, but it was really quiet overall.

With the news on Tuesday evening, we decided that now it was a little bit too much so yesterday morning we headed back home and here we are again, prisioners of our own home just like everybody else.

So yeah, now with the new restrictions we all know that it's the same thing if we're home or on our campervan but I think the social situation can get a bit more tricky from now on and I don't know about you but I go out to relax, not to potentially have an argument/encouter with anyone else.

I was reading on this morning about a farmer that got a beatdown for telling people to go home... I could only assume that he was being an absolute prick and saw the consecuences for it. That type of shite is what I certainly don't want...

I think it's just an all aroud sacrifice that we need to make and the better we all adhere to it, the sooner we can go back to "normal"... or whatever the new normal would be.

Cheers,
Rami

Liked by: baguette, Breeze, Comet, eirebus, panda, StrandCampingDoonbeg, +deleted user

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.