Motorhome Parking Locations
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Motorhome parking Ireland - COVID-19

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #1
Given the emergency situation due to COVID-19, we don't wish to encourage you to get on the road and travel at this time. The security measures that we are asked to respect apply to all of us, social distancing is paramount to all our safety. It goes without saying we cannot guarantee you access to all the places on our App.

We wish you all the best and hope that this is all over soon and we can get back to normal.

On a different note: We should have some good news concerning our App soon and hope you will be pleased.

Stay Safe :love:

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: Motorhome parking Ireland - COVID-19

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #2
Very wis advice and I hope folk take note of it?

Liked by: eirebus

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #3
99Duke
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Auto Trail
Base Vehicle: 1999 Ducato 2.8d
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #4
Yeah, good advice. If we all stay in for just a couple of weeks we'll be on a sure footing for the summer.

Liked by: panda

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #5
Quote by ntg

I intend to keep using my motorhome until told otherwise but it will be on a case of keeping myself to myself where possible.
I do not see the difference of me sitting In my motorhome having a beer somewhere quiet or sitting at home.
Maybe I am wrong but I think I am wright.

Just make sure you keep yourself to yourself but I’ve always found I end up in other people’s vans or they end up in mine. Separation at the moment is the secret in fighting this virus.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #6
Anyone who ends up visiting anyone else’s van over the next few weeks really doesn’t get it. This is serious sh1t. We will be taking our van out tomorrow and looking for somewhere to park up near our home town, near our folks. We will be pay them a visit for Mother’s Day. This will entail a brief chat from the front lawn through the living room glass and finally a goodbye until who knows when. If they need any groceries picked up, we’ll drop them on the doorstep. If a lockdown gets announced, we will not get this chance again.

Stay safe everyone!

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #7
Rambler, thankfully you’ve got the message.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #8
Quote by The Rambler

Anyone who ends up visiting anyone else’s van over the next few weeks really doesn’t get it. This is serious sh1t. We will be taking our van out tomorrow and looking for somewhere to park up near our home town, near our folks. We will be pay them a visit for Mother’s Day. This will entail a brief chat from the front lawn through the living room glass and finally a goodbye until who knows when. If they need any groceries picked up, we’ll drop them on the doorstep. If a lockdown gets announced, we will not get this chance again.

Stay safe everyone!

Yep. Agree with that 100% My
. Mammy will be slobbering at the parlour window, waiting for the bottle of Jameson, for Mother’s Day. Actually any day, now I come to think of it. Wouldn’t want to be near her if she ran out.
Jameson 10/Coronavirus 0
Only joking mammy 😗😗

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #9
Quote by Daffysparks

Quote by The Rambler

Stay safe everyone!

Yep. Agree with that 100% My
. Mammy will be slobbering at the parlour window, waiting for the bottle of Jameson, for Mother’s Day. Actually any day, now I come to think of it. Wouldn’t want to be near her if she ran out.
Jameson 10/Coronavirus 0
Only joking mammy 😗😗

With that amount of odds stacked against Coronavirus your mammy will be safe for a very long time.😂

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #10
It literally would not dare. I am Not joking.
Well obviously I am. Eighty in May. I would not go up against her. Always was, and is, still the life and soul of everything with us.

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, panda, sprinter

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #11

Liked by: +deleted user

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #12
My mum will be 90 on the 13th May and I am terrified to go and see her,surely this is something we will all remember for a very long time.

Liked by: panda, The Rambler

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #13
I built a granny flat on the side of my house nearly 20 years ago so see my folks every day..... We are social distancing ourselves though :up:

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #14
Quote by panda

I really enjoyed that 👍👍

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #15
Quote by panda

I built a granny flat on the side of my house nearly 20 years ago so see my folks every day..... We are social distancing ourselves though :up:

If you’ve been socially distancing for 20 years, perhaps you can give us all some pointers John? 🤓

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #16
Quote by The Rambler

Quote by panda

If you’ve been socially distancing for 20 years, perhaps you can give us all some pointers John? 🤓

yeah....I call it strategically cunning avoidance :D

Liked by: eirebus, +deleted user

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #17
Quote by panda

Quote by The Rambler

Quote by panda

yeah....I call it strategically cunning avoidance :D

Ah yes. Just make it look like you’re present and listening. I like your style 😉

Liked by: eirebus, panda

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2020  ·  #18
Going away in the van can only be ok if you take all essentials with you.
Going to a shop means you could be taking the virus to that area...and of course being close enough to drive home if you get ill.
Personally speaking I can't see owt wrong with going away for a few days though.
What do others think?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2020  ·  #19
Maybe the clue is in the name, motorHOME.
Once you treat it like being at home and do the required isolation and social distancing I don't see the difference from being in the bricks & mortar. Being away for the day or longer gives the opportunity for solitary walks in the countryside which are good for the mental wellbeing.
Go fully provisioned so you won't need to visit and shops or other establishments, which might be open as you go.
Remember that fuel pumps are a method of transmission so wash/sanitise hands after getting and paying for fuel.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Motorhome parking Ireland - COVID-19

· 
Posted: 21.03.2020  ·  #20
Good time to have a look what's in the freezer that needs to be used and shop local before y it go.
If you did become unwell, I would recommend phoning for a test before you rush home,you might get a test closer to where you are then at home, and you are still going to have to isolate yourself before you get tested and then hopefully after, unless your hospitalised, get out and enjoy before they put a travel /movement ban in place.
In Spain you are not allowed out unless to the supermarket or pharmacy and walking the dog ,all on your own.

An eye opener today.
Saw a guy use the last drops from the petrol pump to do his hand wash, he was taking no chances.

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #21
We planning to do short, nearby trips with all food etc but reading the reaction of people who are worried about people coming into their area we have decided to knock it on the head even though we would still be in the same county...

Liked by: CHAUSSON, jacktherev

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #22
We were all packed and ready yesterday to go off somewhere remote and at the last minute decided against it.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #23
It’s a guilt thing, I think. People are suffering and dying. Doesn’t seem right to be off enjoying ourselves.

Liked by: CHAUSSON

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #24
Yes I was thinking I could have nipped to Carlingford for the day and let the kids do some crabbing but I thought there may be too many other vans in town with a similar idea and it might give the wrong impression. I saw a few vans on the road today as I can see the main Belfast to to Dublin road from the house. I have had the van sorned off road since last Nov and I think I’ll just leave it off road for the foreseeable future. I live on a farm so I might just park it in a different field each weekend to feel like we are away..

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.