cowboy70
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Elddis encore 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducat 2.3/ 9 speed auto 140bhp
Subject:

Motorhome polish

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #1
So it looks like we are going to have a lot of time to do odd jobs around the house to keep us from going insane.
So I'm going to give the motorhome a good cleaning and polish out side so what is very good for the camper also may as well do the car and jeep while I'm at it. Amazon have a few good products but hard to choose from I'm also going to buy a good polishing machine. What would be your choice and what works best

cowboy70
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Elddis encore 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducat 2.3/ 9 speed auto 140bhp
Subject:

Re: Motorhome polish

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #2
Polisher, TACKLIFE 180MM Base 1500W, 6 Variable Speeds, LED Screen Display, Lock Switch, Detachable D-Handle, Ideal for Car Sanding, Polishing, Waxing, Sealing Glaze - PPGJ01A
#1 Best Seller in Polishing Machines

Was thinking of this

Liked by: petie

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #3
Just be careful with any machine polisher.
Even experienced users encounter mistakes using them. Easy to ‘burn’ the paint layer and cause damage.
Using something like G3 compound requires experience and utilises water to keep the compound moist and allows the machine to travel over the surface and prevent heat build up.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, cowboy70, sprinter, +deleted user

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #4
Stephen...a good idea is to put tape along all edges so you wont burn through. Farecla g3 would be a bit severe for your intended purpose as it's for compounding new paint really.. A good polish for you would be autoglym super resin polish...good cut and will bring paintwork back beautifully. I suppose you will get a 100 different recommendations so do some trials and use what works best for you.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, cowboy70, eirebus, +deleted user

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #5
Is there a safe rpm a novice could run a polisher at? I bought an Aldi polisher myself. I have not used yet and feeling a little nervous to use it. Even if it is not possible to get the perfect finish running at low rpm, it would be better than burning through.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #6
Quote by The Rambler

Is there a safe rpm a novice could run a polisher at? I bought an Aldi polisher myself. I have not used yet and feeling a little nervous to use it. Even if it is not possible to get the perfect finish running at low rpm, it would be better than burning through.

Jason...its a combination of of rpm and the speed you move the machine at. As if said...keep it moving across the panel at a mid rpm range and you will be fine. Tape off edges...especially raised edges.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #7
It may take more time but doing it by hand may be the better option as a lot of vans only have anodised coating on the metal of the body, too much cutting sould leave you with something a bit like an airstream

Liked by: eirebus, MAURICE

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #8
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #9
Unless the paint is really flat and faded I would be really careful about using a polisher. I have a Dual Action polisher and various Menzerna Polishes but would never use on a MH as the bodywork and finish has different characteristics to car paintwork. I have only polished out light marks and swirls on car paint. If you do go ahead would probably be wise to mask the graphics.

Liked by: Chevy g20

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.