tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Temporary site closures

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #1
It's scary how fast this situation is changing. On the 6th March, when we decided to cancel our June trip to France, we felt we were possibly being a little over-cautious. Some people we told questioned our concerns, we even wondered ourselves if we'd been too hasty. We actually offended a couple we met in the local supermarket that day...we stood back from them when they told us they were just back from Tenerife. Off they went, sniggering and actually pretending to cough in the next aisle.
Anyway, the reason for my thread: We had consoled ourselves with a 'stay-cation' plan, touring previously unexplored parts of Ireland. It's inevitable some sites will be closing, is there any way a list could be started on the website detailing temporary closures?

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Temporary site closures

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #2
Travers Holiday Park.

Due to the covid-19 virus unfortunately Travers Holiday Park will have to close indefinitely..we have adhered to all government guidelines but feel at this time it’s the right decision.. our customers with us at present will finish their stay unless otherwise advised .. we thank you all for your continued support, we are still taking bookings for the season ahead and hopefully we will be open again soon

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #3
I suppose Aires and Motorhome Parking places on the app are mostly a sure bet.

Liked by: eirebus

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #4
Shepherds Rest campsite and.pub.

We have been monitoring the situation closely this last couple of days and for the interest of our family and Locals .The Shepherds Rest have made the decision to closed from tonight until further notice.
Hopefully this will only be a short break and help those on the front line working tirelessly round the clock.
Regards
The Doyle Family.
#nurses #frontline

Liked by: hector2015

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #5
In Boortree. Rosnowlaigh. Donegal. Closing at 12 o'clock tomorrow.

Liked by: hector2015

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #6

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #7

Liked by: Whelaneil

hector2015
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Citreon Relay
Subject:

Very useful

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #8
Thank you for the updates, very useful to have them in one place.

Liked by: Ally

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #9
It seems campsites would not be impacted like hotels in so far as you arrive in your own accommodation and you can keep to yourself and keep your distance. But I suppose they do provide communal facilities which would need to be kept sanitised. I just wonder though if it might be a little on the over-cautious side as people will be staycationing. But maybe it is absolutely the right thing to do too. ??

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #10
It's all part of stopping people moving about,if you're nowhere to go or if there's a lock down

Liked by: CHAUSSON

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #11
I heard ferrybank was jammed..dont know if that's true or not.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #12
Well... this sucks terribly and we don't know what to do. We had holidays booked for Andorra which we cancelled almost 2 months ago as we saw it was going to get worse and father in law is within the "risk group", thankfully we did so as we had to go through Spain to get there..

Now, since we had the holidays booked from work we were thinking of just going away with the van but now we're not too sure about that either. I suppose that going to the beach for a few days and "wild camp" should be fine, but not sure....

What do you think?

Cheers,
Rami

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #13
My plan is to re open at the end of March but we will limit our capacity to half of our maximum until at least the end of April including Easter. We will be advising all guests to give other guests as much space as possible within communal areas. We will encourage online payments rather than handling cash.
And as a given the communal areas will cleaned thoroughly several times a day.

Of course we will monitor the situation and heed any formal advice.

So in short we intend to open but give more space and distance between campers.

Liked by: adria, Chevy g20, eirebus, panda, sprinter, The Rambler, voyager, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #14
Quote by RTV

Well... this sucks terribly and we don't know what to do. We had holidays booked for Andorra which we cancelled almost 2 months ago as we saw it was going to get worse and father in law is within the "risk group", thankfully we did so as we had to go through Spain to get there..

Now, since we had the holidays booked from work we were thinking of just going away with the van but now we're not too sure about that either. I suppose that going to the beach for a few days and "wild camp" should be fine, but not sure....

What do you think?

Cheers,
Rami

I guess a lot will depend on the government, and what we are told to do. If there is no lockdown, I couldn’t see any harm with you going to a beach, just keep you distance from other people.

Liked by: big D, eirebus, TommyS

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #15
Quote by RTV

Well... this sucks terribly and we don't know what to do. We had holidays booked for Andorra which we cancelled almost 2 months ago as we saw it was going to get worse ..

Thats impressive foresight Rami. I had about as much concern for Covid-19 as I did for Ebola back then. As in , its a worry in the back of my mind, but surely will not affect us.

But as Daffy says, as long as there is no mandatory lockdown, there are plenty of wild places to go.

Liked by: sprinter, TommyS

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #16
All most motorhomes need is somewhere to take on/dump water water and somewhere to dump the toilet. If all other amenities were closed it would reduce the risk.

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #17
You can always get fresh water. Black waste take a spade and head into the woods. Extreme solutions in extreme circumstances!

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #18
The "Hub" in Graiguenamanagh, Co. Killkenny is closing from 12 noon tomorrow 17th

Liked by: +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #19
Motorhome Parking Locations
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #20
Eyeries is closed.

Motorhome Parking Locations
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #21
Wavecrest Caherdaniel Co Kerry closed

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #22
RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.03.2020  ·  #23
Thanks lads for your advice!

I'll take it and do as suggested, I'll keep an eye for any potential lockdown. We plan to stay relatively local, only going about a hour and a half from our place, so unless things drastically change, we'll keep our plans as is.

And as for foreseeing it, we had family coming from Argentina and the US, way too many variables in place and as I said a few within the "risk group". It made sense not to take chances, I we were seeing what was going on with China and all that. It was just a matter of time unfortunately...

Between a this crappy weather and corona I'm like a caged lion, I 10000% need to get out for at least a few days.

Fingers crossed!!!

Rami

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter, +deleted user

sootyrex
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elddis
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #24
Quote by RTV

What do you think?

Cheers,
Rami

Hi all, we just got back from Mayo yesterday. I had been fed up being stuck at home after the sequential weeks of storms. We stayed in Castlebar on Friday night, Blacksod on Saturday night and Cloondara on Sunday night. It was absolutely fantastic. We did make sure to keep far away from everyone, it was not hard to do that in remote Mayo. I will make one word of caution. On Saturday when we were driving from Belmullet to Blacksod, a local registered car was flashing us, gesturing us to turn around. We stopped for a bit and physically checked the van. I was worried also there might be flooding on the road etc. After a while, I just carried on to Blacksod etc. Every other local was waving friendly to us on the road. I only saw one other van while there, there were a few visitors around for the weekend also sight seeing . Broadhaven Bay Hotel was full. But I think the local flashing at us was not happy to see us and was trying to turn us around from the area. Maybe I am too sensitive etc. By the way, the roads are full of trucks and vans refilling the supply stocks to shops. The other thing that’s very noticeable was lack of Garda on the roads, no sign of any speed vans. The boy racer brigade are already taking advantage of this and behaving badly. Take care out there. We are back home and will stay locked down for the next 2 weeks... even though very tempting to head off in van at weekends (also dropping diesel prices... I saw 1.11 euro per liter in Ballina

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #25
I personally think I pushed it by going to Graiguenamanagh but like others I badly needed a break after the last couple months Calving season and looking after a sick relative, my battery’s are charged now and I am not going to take out the van for the next couple weeks or longer anyway. I really feel for people living in high rise apartment blocks should we need a lock down especially those with young kids. Also it must be horrendous for the homeless and the refugees camped outside Greece and other places like that. I am one of the lucky ones, I can put down time working on the farm as long as I’m not struck with the virus . Take care everyone, hopefully we will be all here wishing each other Happy St Patrick’s day 2021 and celebrating on the double.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #26
Quote by sootyrex

Quote by RTV

What do you think?

Cheers,
Rami

Hi all, we just got back from Mayo yesterday. I had been fed up being stuck at home after the sequential weeks of storms. We stayed in Castlebar on Friday night, Blacksod on Saturday night and Cloondara on Sunday night. It was absolutely fantastic. We did make sure to keep far away from everyone, it was not hard to do that in remote Mayo. I will make one word of caution. On Saturday when we were driving from Belmullet to Blacksod, a local registered car was flashing us, gesturing us to turn around. We stopped for a bit and physically checked the van. I was worried also there might be flooding on the road etc. After a while, I just carried on to Blacksod etc. Every other local was waving friendly to us on the road. I only saw one other van while there, there were a few visitors around for the weekend also sight seeing . Broadhaven Bay Hotel was full. But I think the local flashing at us was not happy to see us and was trying to turn us around from the area. Maybe I am too sensitive etc. By the way, the roads are full of trucks and vans refilling the supply stocks to shops. The other thing that’s very noticeable was lack of Garda on the roads, no sign of any speed vans. The boy racer brigade are already taking advantage of this and behaving badly. Take care out there. We are back home and will stay locked down for the next 2 weeks... even though very tempting to head off in van at weekends (also dropping diesel prices... I saw 1.11 euro per liter in Ballina

That's an unreal part of the country, been there a couple of times and will possibly do another spin over there during the summer.

And yes, diesel is incredibly cheap certainly a good thing for the good auld 2.5 old school diesel

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #27
Same here in U.K ,i have three sites booked for 4 day breaks with Haven Holiday parks in May.

Coronavirus, COVID-19 -
What you need to know
As of 17 March 2020

Latest Government Announcement as per 5pm 16th March 2020

At Haven, the health and safety of our guests, owners and team is our number one priority. We understand that you may be feeling unsettled given the rapidly changing situation around Coronavirus. We are reviewing the latest Government advice and how this could affect your holiday and will be contacting all guests who have a Haven holiday booked between now and the end of April via email tomorrow.

Guests who have a break booked from May to the end of the year we will contact in the next seven days.

We will be updating our FAQs tomorrow once we have reviewed the new information.

Our phone lines and social channels are extremely busy and we appreciate your patience while we respond to messages. We will be prioritising guests who are due to arrive on park within the next seven days.

Thank you again for your patience.

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #28
And same goes for Caravan and Camping club.

Issued 17th March 2020 - 8am

The Camping and Caravanning Club is committed to keeping our members, guests and team safe, informed and supported.

Above all we want you to enjoy your holiday and time spent with us. Following yesterday’s announcement we’re looking at the latest Government guidance and implications this may have on your stay with us. We will update this site and our FAQs as soon as possible. With immediate effect to give our members the most flexibility we are allowing customers to amend their current UK Club Sites and Camping in the Forest bookings to dates any time between now and the end of 2020 with no charge incurred. The booking can be moved to any site and can be amended unlimited times. If, however, you cancel your booking the standard cancellation policy applies.

davetherave
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #29
Quote by sootyrex

Quote by RTV

What do you think?

Cheers,
Rami

We are just back from a few days in Dungarvan. Walked a large section of the Greenway and kept to ourselves apart from saying hello to people we passed. Apart from rain on Saturday and today the weather was dry. We also had a couple of oncoming cars flash us, turned out to be a speed camera van😁. As we came home through Tipperary we noticed loads of cars parked at walking trails, I guess people are sick of staying inside and watching tv.

Liked by: Comet, eirebus, hector2015, jacktherev, panda, sootyrex, sprinter, +deleted user

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #30
Wifey and I keep going back and forth with this, we really don't know what to do...

I definitely get it for campsites as that would mean people gathering and using common facilities where "social distancing" could be challenging... but as Dave says here, if you keep it to yourself and just walk around a greenway/beach, etc that should be fine.

I do see people just walking/jogging as normal around my town here, specially yesterday (Paddy's day).

My thing is, I'm definitely one that prefers to avoid conflict so what are the chances or running into a prick that hates to see people having a good time when they're bitter with their own lives??

I doesn't sound like a full lockdown is coming soon, but of course, it could all change overnight. So yeah... don't know what to do here :(

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #31
Head away and keep your distance from others,wash hands etc etc

Liked by: baguette, panda, RTV

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #32
Dont see the problem rami if you keep to yourself...we will be doing the same, heading to a remote beach and do our own thing. No different to staying at home.

Liked by: eirebus, RTV

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #33
Just get out and about and don't overthink it Rami. Practice good hygiene and keep your distance from others. Getting out into remote locations in a vehicle is probably one of the safer activities. Your only interactions with other people or surfaces need only be shopping and diesel and you should know what to do. Plan ahead. Your chances of running into a 'prick' are minimal. We walked our dog in a forrest trail yesterday. Everyone was courteous and keeping their distance. The only chances of conflict would be any crowded locked down facility such as an airport (all closed) or a hospital where people are panicking. You no doubt you will avoid crowded places.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus, panda, RTV

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #34
If you run into a prick just open out your arms tell him you were sent by god to eradicate the virus and offer him a hug and he will run and will probably be still running the following day, Guaranteed!

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #35
LOL!!

I appreciate it guys, makes me feel better. And yes feck it... we'll head out and relax, try to get away from it all for a few days.

Thanks again folks :D

Liked by: eirebus, ntg, panda, +deleted user

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Temporary site closures

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #36
Quote by panda

Dont see the problem rami if you keep to yourself...we will be doing the same, heading to a remote beach and do our own thing. No different to staying at home.

( quore= " eirebus" )
Head away and keep your distance from others, wash hands, etc, etc

Rami, I would agree with the lads and especially, CHAUSSON.

Get out and about now while you can, do your own thing, mind your own business, wash up every time you get back into the van. things may change with a total ban on people being out and about, which I think will come into force fairly soon.
I was in the Hook last weekend and there were a few vans going about. I can't see any problem with remote places like this although from the webcam this morning there are about 20 cars their now, with people out walking.
I will be back down before the weekend, for the foreseeable future and if anyone is around and needs services, water/waste, give me a PM.

( this time I will bring the Phone and then I won't have to come back like now to cancel flights and keep in touch with family etc,)

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus, panda, RTV

Wolvespaul
Craic'er
My Motorhome: 2004 Adria Adriatik 620sk
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #37
We're going to take a spin to Achil tomorrow, I don't see the harm, along as we all do as we are asked in regards to hygiene and distancing we will be fine.

Liked by: panda, RTV, sprinter

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #38
If you run in to a prick ask him what he is doing there

Liked by: sprinter

Wolvespaul
Craic'er
My Motorhome: 2004 Adria Adriatik 620sk
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #39
Anyone who has an issue in regards to us being their will be sure to get a reply.

Vanarooney
Subject:

Salthill

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #40
Hi we currently in salthill caravan park. We are the only ones here yesterday and today. Lovely and peaceful. They tell us they are staying open

Liked by: panda, Wolvespaul

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.