Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Travel Insurance

· 
Posted: 11.02.2020  ·  #2
I wonder will this apply to Irish people traveling as well since Ireland is not a part of the Schengen zone?

Davy

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2020  ·  #3
Quote by Davy

I wonder will this apply to Irish people traveling as well since Ireland is not a part of the Schengen zone?

Davy

It only applies to travellers from 'third' countries, travellers from the RoI , being from within the EU, do not require a visa and the European Health Insurance Card guarantees health cover for inter EU travel, therefore, holiday health insurance is not required.

The visa rules may not apply to travellers from UK and NI post 2020 depending on how close or otherwise the new relationship ends up.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.02.2020  ·  #4
Presently travel insurance for Europe seems to be split into two zones, one that covers most countries but excludes a few countries like Spain, Cyprus etc. This seems to be referred to as Europe 1.

The second zone covers all countries including those excluded from Europe 1. This all inclusive zone seems to be referred or as Europe 2 and is more expensive than Europe 1. When I queried this I was told it was because health care in the excluded countries was more expensive.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.02.2020  ·  #5
Quote by kabundi

Presently travel insurance for Europe seems to be split into two zones, one that covers most countries but excludes a few countries like Spain, Cyprus etc. This seems to be referred to as Europe 1.

The second zone covers all countries including those excluded from Europe 1. This all inclusive zone seems to be referred or as Europe 2 and is more expensive than Europe 1. When I queried this I was told it was because health care in the excluded countries was more expensive.

I've never come across that and I've been buying holiday insurance on and off for over 30 years and have had reason to use medical facilities in France and Spain. Although there may be 'cheap' policies which do have Europe split in two for the reasons you mentioned.
I've only ever seen three options, Europe, Worldwide excluding US & Canada and Worldwide including US & Canada

Liked by: sprinter

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.02.2020  ·  #6
Quote by baguette

Quote by kabundi

I've never come across that and I've been buying holiday insurance on and off for over 30 years and have had reason to use medical facilities in France and Spain. Although there may be 'cheap' policies which do have Europe split in two for the reasons you mentioned.
I've only ever seen three options, Europe, Worldwide excluding US & Canada and Worldwide including US & Canada

This seems to explain it, not sure if all insurers use the same country list. Maybe only applies to UK based insurers.

https://www.direct-travel.co.u…-europe-2/

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.