Bumper colour grey

10mh
Subject:

Bumper colour grey

· 
Posted: 04.02.2020  ·  #1
Hi. I have a challenger motorhome. Just done up bumper and need an aerosol to respray. Any1 any idea of the code for a grey bumper. Thanks

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Bumper colour grey

· 
Posted: 04.02.2020  ·  #2
I'm sure they are all different, you can get some local motor factors to make you up an aerosol can after the colour match.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2020  ·  #3
Quote by 10mh

Hi. I have a challenger motorhome. Just done up bumper and need an aerosol to respray. Any1 any idea of the code for a grey bumper. Thanks

Hi....There are infinite shades of grey. Is your bumper a painted grey with a gloss clearcoat finish? If so, go to an auto paint supplier who will match the paint by taking readings with a camera. It will need base coats and then clearcoats applied. If its a grey coloured plastic then look for a suitable grey bumper paint. For a good job that will last you will also need an adhesion promoter for the paint to stick properly as its going on a plastic surface.

Can you post a pic and that will tell us what you need to do...

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2020  ·  #4
I painted the bumper of our last van the Chausson which is probably the same colour as the Challenger, I took off a moulding around the rear wheel and lightly compounded it and took it to a local auto paint supplier, they matched the paint perfectly, I used two pak and a spray gun. As John said it is very important to use the adhesion promoter, nothing worse than the paint peeling off a black bumper.

Liked by: Chevy g20, eirebus, panda

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.