My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Interesting thread

· 
Posted: 27.10.2011  ·  #1
A very interesting thread here..

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/f…plain.html

A few points have been made on "Craic" of late about Caravan Site owners being against Motorhome owners as they think we are affecting their business by not using sites. As I am new to Motorhoming, has this been always the case? or is it the increasing numbers of Motorhomers out there?

With "NO Overnight" signs appearing in Portrush and I am sure other places? do you think this is something we are going to have to contend with in the future? are these signs even enforceable?

Where does it stop? do we disallow families from having picnics in case it affects the local traders?

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Interesting thread

· 
Posted: 28.10.2011  ·  #2
While caravan/camping site owners might view it as something that will hopefully increase their business, I imagine that
the loss to local restaurants, bars, and carryouts will be a lot more than the £15 or £20 the site owners might hope for as
the average round of drinks and a meal or two perhaps would be significantly more.

As to get back to the question, there are a few threads where this is discussed on WC and it would be best for our members to jump over there and read them. On the whole the majority of these signs will be bluff, put there by the local council so that complainers will think the council is taking action.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.