Ferries Discount?

shaysue
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Ferries Discount?

· 
Posted: 21.01.2020  ·  #1
Do Irish Ferries still give Craic members a discount?? How is it applied for?

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Ferries Discount?

· 
Posted: 21.01.2020  ·  #2
Not to my knowledge, but I will be happy to be corrected. If you do decide to book though, it used to be the case that if you clicked the link for Irish ferries on the craic site, and booked from the redirection to Irish ferries, then the site may get a small recompense, and Irish ferries see that advertising on the craic site is worthwhile. So win win.

Davy

Liked by: Ally

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2020  ·  #3
Quote by Davy

Not to my knowledge, but I will be happy to be corrected. If you do decide to book though, it used to be the case that if you clicked the link for Irish ferries on the craic site, and booked from the redirection to Irish ferries, then the site may get a small recompense, and Irish ferries see that advertising on the craic site is worthwhile. So win win.

Davy

As above ,there is no discount but the site here gets a small amount towards our running costs {if booked through the link } ,IF give their own discounts at different times of the year

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2020  ·  #4
We never had an Irish Ferries discount. But what is said above is correct 👍

shaysue
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2020  ·  #5
The courier
My Motorhome: dethleffs
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #6
As we love traveling to France for the wine and the sun I find the prices ferry companies are charging outrageous I just looked at taking motor home to Spain for 2 weeks
The cost is €1550 for 2 people and motor home. This is crazy money for 2 weeks .
Any one have a idea how to reduce the cost . Even thinking of sending motor home over in off season

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #7
Depends when you travel.

A return to Cherbourg will cost about €600return for van+2 provided you don’t travel between last week June and end of August

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #8
Quote by The courier

As we love traveling to France for the wine and the sun I find the prices ferry companies are charging outrageous I just looked at taking motor home to Spain for 2 weeks
The cost is €1550 for 2 people and motor home. This is crazy money for 2 weeks .
Any one have a idea how to reduce the cost . Even thinking of sending motor home over in off season

You will also have to put fuel and campsites on top of that. Don't think 2 weeks would be long enough to get to many places in Spain. I go to France most years and have only seen a fraction of it and that's now going for a month at a time .This year i am going to venture into Spain in June for 6 weeks with a leisurely run down through France. Fortunately i am in the UK and not paying your extortionate ferry prices from Ireland .Tunnel one way £95.

Liked by: eirebus

davetherave
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Compass Avantgarde
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #9
I always thought that the articulated trucks pay a lot less than we do to use the ferry. It would be interesting to find out how much a hauler would charge to put camper on load loader in Dublin and deliver it to Cherbourg😁

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #10
I got quoted 1900 Euro from Brittany Ferries Cork to Santander o.O Needless to say we wont be using their service this year. We plan to go Stena Rosslare to Fishguard then Folkstone to Caslais tunnel...Return trip on both services 760 Euro.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #11
Quote by panda

I got quoted 1900 Euro from Brittany Ferries Cork to Santander o.O Needless to say we wont be using their service this year. We plan to go Stena Rosslare to Fishguard then Folkstone to Caslais tunnel...Return trip on both services 760 Euro.

Going your planned route you have a far less chance of getting an email the evening before your sailing letting you know that your sailing has been postponed for a week or more,

Liked by: eirebus, panda

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #12
Quote by panda

John, why not go Rosslare to Cherbourg..... unless you are heading east of course. Cherbourg a lot closer to Spain than Calais. 5.5-6 hour drive from Fishguard to Folkestone. You would be nearly in Boudreaux in that time from Cherbourg. 3 hours from the Spanish border

Liked by: panda

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #13
Quote by Daffysparks

Quote by panda

John, why not go Rosslare to Cherbourg..... unless you are heading east of course. Cherbourg a lot closer to Spain than Calais. 5.5-6 hour drive from Fishguard to Folkestone. You would be nearly in Boudreaux in that time from Cherbourg. 3 hours from the Spanish border

Yes, Correct Dave. We have friends living in Belgium and thought we would go see them for a couple of days as part of the trip....Otherwise Cherbourg would be the best option. :up:

Liked by: +deleted user

Wolvespaul
Craic'er
My Motorhome: 2004 Adria Adriatik 620sk
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #14
I drove to Spain last summer in car, went via holyhead and Eurotunnel, return for both services came in at just under €600 but the cars much cheaper to run, I got the WB yeats in June and return in July for €1250 for the 3 of us with motorhome this year , i thought by the time u add fuel and toll etc, it was worth paying , if not il go via UK next year

Liked by: panda

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.01.2020  ·  #15
Quote by mad max

Quote by panda

Going your planned route you have a far less chance of getting an email the evening before your sailing letting you know that your sailing has been postponed for a week or more,

Precisely....Another reason I dont want to go with Brittany Ferries this year.....Awful shame though,They have the best Dog facilities of them all, but between the horrendous ticket cost and even worse reliability problems its just not worth the hassle anymore :(

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.