Fitting an extra seat belt

Jim77
Subject:

Fitting an extra seat belt

· 
Posted: 24.01.2020  ·  #1
Hi, we are in the process of buying a motorhome, seen one we are keen on but we would need an extra seatbelt. It has 4 travelling seats (2 rear facing, 2 forward facing) in the back but there are only seatbelts on the forward facing seats....we'd like to have one put on one of the rear facing seats. We would like a proper, certified job done and are happy to go through the rigmarole. Does anyone know who could do this sort of job? Would you have an approximate idea of price?
We are in Donegal

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Fitting an extra seat belt

· 
Posted: 24.01.2020  ·  #2
Ring Donaghy's in Letterkenny they will advise on if it can or can't be done and are well equipped to do the work if it's possible

Liked by: panda

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2020  ·  #3
our last Motorhome had the same seat configuration as you describe, the forward facing seats had three point seat belts and the rear facing seats had just lap belts. so you probably just only need lap belts.

Liked by: panda, sprinter, +deleted user

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2020  ·  #4
Mine has the same setup but has 6 belts on the tax book. I just bolted in some lap belts to stop kids moving around if they ever used them but I don’t think they are necessary in a rear facing setup. I haven’t actually used them yet anyway.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.