5kw Diesel - Chinese Parking Heaters.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: 5kw Diesel - Chinese Parking Heaters.

· 
Posted: 01.10.2019  ·  #41
Quote by hastings

Look, all I'm saying is, be considerate to neighboring vehicles... in every way.

Preaching to the converted on here 😁

Jamesd
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Champ Lunar 670A
Base Vehicle: 2004 Ducatto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.10.2019  ·  #42
I've sat outside my van with the diesel heater running and it's very quiet, more like a fan running and would not be heard my people inside of another van parked beside mine.

Inside I have co2 and smoke alarms , I have the same alarms in my house for my stove (2 co2 alarms and multiple smoke alarms) - No harm to be safe.

Liked by: panda

Pam Bam
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2019  ·  #43
We just got one last week, Johnny is bench testing it in the shed first. It’s working good so far. so hopefully it stays that way when we put it in the Camper. 😆

Liked by: Ally, panda

samih
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Red bus (getting there)
Base Vehicle: Sprinter 313 CDi LWB '14
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.11.2019  ·  #44
Have been running one of these in my converted Sprinter for a few trips now. They run great on both green diesel and kerosene. I have a separate fuel tank I fitted in the engine bay and the heater itself resides under the passenger seat where these is a designated spot for them.

I had a problem with on the last trip i.e. ran the heater during an extreme stormy night at low power with the exhaust pipe pointing towards the wind and it had conked out overnight. Just woke up in the middle of night with a cold van. I had to actually diassemble it to clean the combustion chamber as it was blowing out white smoke afterwards and kept tripping due to detecting too low temperature when heating up. The tip of my exhaust is now pointing 60 degrees down which hopefully fixes the issue.

I ordered an original Webasto inlet silencer to reduce the noise levels and the difference is very dramatic. I also bought a Webasto exhaust silencer for it but the supplied Chinese version is as quiet as that so save your money. But the inlet silencer is definitely worth the money. When fitting these the combined corners of each the inlet and the exhaust pipes should stay at >=270 degrees i.e. try to keep the runs as straight as possible and avoid sharp corners. The exhaust silencer counts as 90 degree turn and the same for the inlet I guess. So unit->90 degrees->silencer->60 degrees down keeps my exhaust side just under the limit. Also, apparently the inlet and exhaust should be similar in length.

I used to have first Eberspacher and then Webasto Diesel water heaters in my previous conversion. I kind of prefer this unit to them although it was handy to be able to use the heater to preheat the engine on cold days. These heaters are really good value for money in comparison to the real thing. The noise level is actually pretty quiet when running at lower heat level and it's nice to have thermostatic control and remote control at this price level. The unit should also be ran at full power for 30 minutes in each 24 hour period to reduce accumulation of soot within. Startup counts as full blast run if you keep running it for at least 30 minutes.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.12.2019  ·  #45
WestyMan
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.01.2020  ·  #46
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm thinking of installing one in my VW Westfalia. Has anyone a link to purchase one that they recommend?

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2020  ·  #47
I think most people get them of eBay 👍

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.01.2020  ·  #48
PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2020  ·  #49
If I ran on diesel is have had one.

Liked by: Ally

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Chinese parking heater

· 
Posted: 01.03.2020  ·  #50
Eventually fitted one of these. Have made a few alterations. Unit mounted like they do on a boat, with a longer exhaust . After testing I found that during start up the draw on the battery reduced the voltage because of the distance from the RV battery bank causing white smoke. so I fitted a ride on lawnmower battery close to the heater to eliminate voltage drop when the glow plug is on during start up. This battery is also connected the the main traction batteries so it is always charged.I have presently a 15 litre tank that came with it installed. I may replace this with a bigger tank sometime. Made a hugh difference to the comfort in the RV. biggest regret is I didn't do it sooner. And saves a lot of running to refill the Lpg tank .

DBH
Craic'er
My Motorhome: American RV
Base Vehicle: Four Winds International
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2020  ·  #51
Interesting.

With not that many lpg outlets around, I find we are running round filling up on lpg too.

Sounds like you are happy with this heater?

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2020  ·  #52
Also an alternative view for your reading pleasure ;)

forum/topic.php?t=20699

DBH
Craic'er
My Motorhome: American RV
Base Vehicle: Four Winds International
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2020  ·  #53
Thanks Ally.

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Chinese heater

· 
Posted: 02.03.2020  ·  #54
Anyone with an RV should seriously consider a different heater, the Chinese one works a treat, now i have it if they were not available i would something similar, RV heaters can sure deliver a lot of heat but they use a lot of gas and really drain the batteries, as we are rarely on hook up this can be an issue, I have fitted a 100 L tank to reduce the times i need to visit a garage for LPG , i fitted the 15 L fuel tank underneath the RV this will do a weekend and I have been using heating oil so cheap heating. but the best thing is the increased comfort in the van compared to the on off cycle from the RV thermostat for the gas heating, when the temperature is reached it slows down but still produces heat unlike the RV when the temperature is reached there is a blast of cold air and the same on start up. the Chinese heater will be my main heat source and the original will be the back up. the latest chasson vans have water and heating from the diesel heater as standard.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.03.2020  ·  #55
The American one is just ridiculous to run. Our last RV I changed to a Propex 2800, very easy run and very easy on the batteries.

tommyboy71
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.01.2021  ·  #56
Sorry for the thread hijack but I was wondering if there is a troubleshooting guide anywhere to help me diagnose an issue I am having with mine.

The fan is running constantly, i cannot turn on the heater. The only way I can stop it is to pull the fuse. When I replace it, the fan just starts back up. I doesn't matter how long the fuse is removed for. I bought a replacement controller and the same result.

Any ideas? Thanks

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.