hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Gas question

· 
Posted: 19.01.2020  ·  #1
Hi all got my second gaslow bottle fitted filled both bottles up on sat can anyone tell me do you turn one bottle of and just use the switch over valve or leave both bottles on 🤔 cost to fill both bottles £34.00 to buy to refills would have cost me £54.00 big saving

Liked by: panda

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

Re: Gas question

· 
Posted: 19.01.2020  ·  #2
Don’t think there is a right or wrong way.

I keep the second bottle closed. When the first one is empty, then I know to changeover to the second bottle. This gives me plenty of time to get the first one filled.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.01.2020  ·  #3
Didn’t know you could fill one at a time is it just a mater of turning the switch over valve from one to the other my valve has three positions left right and facing down I have it on down so that’s both bottles open 🤔

big LIam
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: d55 Dreamer Veronica
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 130 bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.01.2020  ·  #4
Both bottles, if connected fill together but you can turn the gas of on the outlet side of the bottles

Liked by: JettaJohn, panda

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.01.2020  ·  #5
When I first got my mh, which has an automatic changeover yoke for the gas bottles, I was advised to leave one bottle turned off. The logic being that if both bottles were turned on the first indication that the gas was gone would be when both bottles were empty >_<. By leaving one turned off, when the gas runs out it's just a matter of turning on the other bottle and replacing/filling the empty one at my convenience.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.01.2020  ·  #6
Quote by baguette

When I first got my mh, which has an automatic changeover yoke for the gas bottles, I was advised to leave one bottle turned off. The logic being that if both bottles were turned on the first indication that the gas was gone would be when both bottles were empty >_<. By leaving one turned off, when the gas runs out it's just a matter of turning on the other bottle and replacing/filling the empty one at my convenience.

Have to agree in principal but gas bottles ALL have magic powers that they will always run out when the gods decided to throw a tempest at you on a freezing cold night.

David

Liked by: sprinter

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.01.2020  ·  #7
Great info ,will turn one bottle off turn valve to the bottle im. using and see how we go 👍

Liked by: big LIam

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.