Fears around Pitlochry tourist facilities as more than 40 campervans take over car park

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Fears around Pitlochry tourist facilities as more than 40 campervans take over car park

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #1
rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

Re: Fears around Pitlochry tourist facilities as more than 40 campervans take over car park

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #2
Ally
Founder
Subject:

Re: Fears around Pitlochry tourist facilities as more than 40 campervans take over car park

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #3
Quote by rebbyvid

Funsters :o :D

:o

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #4
Big call for councils to look at the increase in Motorhome use and to see how they can make money from Motorhome parking but it seems a lot of councils have got b...s where there brains should be

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #5
Quote by rebbyvid

Funsters :o :D

Funsters have an exemption, so they musn't of had permission? seems a bit strange.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #6
Quote by Ally

Funsters have an exemption, so they musn't of had permission? seems a bit strange.

Newspapers never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Liked by: CHAUSSON, panda, rebbyvid

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #7
a bit of a xmas get together not an official meet . Paper blowing it up as usual,
heres a quote from a funster from a thread on the subject.

"For the record...The car park in question is an overnight PAYABLE car park. Funster vans were less than a 1/4 of occupied vans onsite. As it was just a car park thats why it wasn't announced on fun as " A meet" and a behind the scenes friends getting together. We occupied the middle row and part of a side leaving an empty bay between us which was used by cars on NYD.

I'm now emailing The Courier. They should at least use an up to date photo instead of a stock one."

Liked by: Ally, sprinter

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #8
If it's organised on a website or a facebook group, both are responsible if anything goes wrong. No good saying it wasn't an official meet, but that's up to them :)

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.01.2020  ·  #9
Apparently there was a festival in town and motorhomers were invited by the organising committee and told to park in that particular car park. 14 MH belonged to performers and musicians. It has been happening for years.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2020  ·  #10
Quote by Chevy g20

Apparently there was a festival in town and motorhomers were invited by the organising committee and told to park in that particular car park. 14 MH belonged to performers and musicians. It has been happening for years.

As Jon already said, newspapers never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2020  ·  #11
Quote by Chevy g20

If that is the case the organisers should be urged to contact the paper and state this in order to address the situation. Once again bad publicity for the motorhome community in general.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.