Paris visit parking ?

Paris visit parking

aodh
Subject:

Paris visit parking ?

· 
Posted: 05.01.2020  ·  #1
Hi all , new to this site .

Will be going to paris shortly, looking for a safe parking with easy access to the city centre.
Planning on staying for 3 nights and spending most of the days in the city centre.
Has anybody any reccomendations or experience on where to park?

Thanks

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Paris visit parking ?

· 
Posted: 05.01.2020  ·  #2
Can your van go into the Crit Air area of Paris. If so Camping Indigo in the Bois de Boulogne if not Camping Paris East. I’m not aware of any Aires

Liked by: GMAC, panda, +deleted user

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.01.2020  ·  #3
We stayed in Camping Paris Est a couple of years ago. There's a bus from outside the gate to the local RER (train) station with trains into the heart of Paris. You can buy a three-day unlimited ticket which is great value for getting around.
See here Campercontact

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #4
Camping Huttopia Versailles
5 min walk to the train station into Paris .you can buy a 24 hour ticket for all Paris transport.
We stayed there last year they have a pool and bar/ caffee / on site.you can order your baguette/croissant for breakfast.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #5
A large part of France

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #6
I did look at this before and there is an aire listed on campercontact in the 13th arrondissement about 3km south of Notre Dame but the reviews are very poor.

It's back on our radar for this summer, our boys want to visit the eiffel tower, but I think it will be Camping Indigo

aodh
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #7
Quote by TommyS

Can your van go into the Crit Air area of Paris. If so Camping Indigo in the Bois de Boulogne if not Camping Paris East. I’m not aware of any Aires

Hi Tommy,

This is where I had originally planned but on reading I have been told that Bois de boulogne gets very rough after dark and we were planning on cycling in and out. Did it feel safe when you stayed in it?

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #8
I have never had a problem at the Bois de Boulogne apart from 30 plus years ago I was wild camping there and happened to park in a spot that was used by a lady of the night. She told me to f*** off and find my own spot. Funny we were wondering why there were a lot of people lurking behind the trees. The campsite used to be a bit run down but was in good nick the last time we were there.
I cant go there now because of the Crit air. Thete is a bus that takes you from the campsite to the Metro at Porte Mailliot

Liked by: panda

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #9
only been into Paris once with the van (and i have been going France most years since 2005) bit like London really you wouldn't want to drive there. The time i did i stopped south of Paris at https://campingaparis.com/camping-paris-beau-village-en/ reasonable rates a ten minute walk to the station which is on the main RER line for all the tourist attractions .Might be worth buying this https://www.parispass.com/ or a 3 bay rail pass.

toss43
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #10
Hi,
We were there last year and never had a problem. The site has been renovated and feels very safe. The showers/ toilets etc
are first class and you should have no problems. Depending on what time of year you are going there is a bus directly outside
gate to take you into city. Failing that if you walk 300 yards onto the main avenue you can get the ordinary city service. The
camp reception will put you right. Unless things have changed the site lies outside the green card area as it only includes the
area inside the ring road. Coming from the north the motorway delivers you nearly to the front door. Once you cross the
river, from memory it is the next exit. Using google earth you can navigate to the front door on your laptop.
Have a good trip. Wonderful city.
Mike

Liked by: panda

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #11
I've driven in Paris quite a bit even had my 8 m van around the Arc de Triomphe a few times. Now that is an experience

Liked by: rebbyvid

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #12
Toss43 I stand corrected its outside Crit air

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #13
Quote by TommyS

I've driven in Paris quite a bit even had my 8 m van around the Arc de Triomphe a few times. Now that is an experience

I went round the Arc de Triomphe at 7pm on a Saturday nite in a 30 vehicle convoy in January 2000 after the windstorm which left 3.25 million people with no electric.
Jeez what an experience. NEVER AGAIN.

But on the upside we left a lot of French natives very happy as they had lost power on Boxing Day

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #14
We've used camping Jablines, a site just outside Paris, near Disney. Very safe on a beautiful lake in a country park with beaches and lifeguards etc. There's a shuttle to the station and the train is pretty fast into central Paris.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #15
Albert I have perfected it. First time i thought i would stay on the outside but i was pushed off at the first exit.The secret is to head for the middle and slowly make your way to the outside

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2020  ·  #16
TommyS,
I was driving a dodge 4x4 cherry picker with huge wheels and believe they kept me safe, it wasn’t a nice vehicle to look at but certainly got attention for its size and cumbersomeness , still a nerve racking journey

Liked by: TommyS

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.