eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Satalite signal

· 
Posted: 07.11.2019  ·  #1
Does anyone know if there has been a change in the Sat finder signal recently, I haven't used the dish in some time but tried it last weekend and no lock onto satellite, when I got home I checked Teleco website for updates and there was one, so I put the update onto the dish control box which seemed to go well but still no lock onto satellite, is there anything else I need to do or look at??

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Satalite signal

· 
Posted: 07.11.2019  ·  #2
Have you checked the cable from the LNB, is there a fault on it which is disrupting the incoming signal.

Liked by: eirebus

voyager
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2019  ·  #3
We also have a Teleco dish and were unable to lock onto Astra on the Oct holiday weekend. I then found I could lock onto Hotbird and after googling came across the following advice from a UK site (hope its OK to copy here). The Teleco issue with the Astra satellite occurred in early October:

I am making contact with you in connection with all Teleco Satellite systems and the satellite Astra 28. We have been made aware yesterday of a change to the Astra 28 satellite that will affect the Teleco system’s ability to locate it. This will affect all customers with Magicsat Easy, Flatsat Easy, Flatsat Classic Easy, Flatsat Skew Easy, Flatsat Elegance, Internet Sat & Telesat products.
To overcome this change made to the transmission of Astra 28 Teleco have released a software updater program which is downloadable by following the link below which will take you to the page where you can find the appropriate update for your system. Beware – installing the wrong software for your system will not work and may mean your control box is locked. Please ensure the correct software updater is selected for the system you have. Once the software update to the control box is complete it will enable the system to find the satellite again. This update should take approx. 5 minutes per control box. The control box will need to be connected to a computer with a printer cable and the control panel is required to perform the update. A simple instruction document on how to perform a software update is also attached to assist.

http://www.support-telecogroup…ftware.asp

I know you said you downloaded an update from the Teleco website, but its worth checking from the link if you downloaded the correct update

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, panda, sprinter

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2019  ·  #4
Quote by voyager

We also have a Teleco dish and were unable to lock onto Astra on the Oct holiday weekend. I then found I could lock onto Hotbird and after googling came across the following advice from a UK site (hope its OK to copy here). The Teleco issue with the Astra satellite occurred in early October:

I am making contact with you in connection with all Teleco Satellite systems and the satellite Astra 28. We have been made aware yesterday of a change to the Astra 28 satellite that will affect the Teleco system’s ability to locate it. This will affect all customers with Magicsat Easy, Flatsat Easy, Flatsat Classic Easy, Flatsat Skew Easy, Flatsat Elegance, Internet Sat & Telesat products.
To overcome this change made to the transmission of Astra 28 Teleco have released a software updater program which is downloadable by following the link below which will take you to the page where you can find the appropriate update for your system. Beware – installing the wrong software for your system will not work and may mean your control box is locked. Please ensure the correct software updater is selected for the system you have. Once the software update to the control box is complete it will enable the system to find the satellite again. This update should take approx. 5 minutes per control box. The control box will need to be connected to a computer with a printer cable and the control panel is required to perform the update. A simple instruction document on how to perform a software update is also attached to assist.

http://www.support-telecogroup…ftware.asp

I know you said you downloaded an update from the Teleco website, but its worth checking from the link if you downloaded the correct update

Thanks for that info, I downloaded the first one on the list and it seemed to load OK from my laptop, but I'll try hotbird tomorrow and see if that works, that would eliminate a cable problem ( baguette idea) and then back to the downloads

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.11.2019  ·  #5
Tried Hotbird and no lock so I looked at lnb cable and can't see anything wrong, it's a flat sat easy model, any more advice welcome, even the name of someone who can fix it

voyager
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.11.2019  ·  #6
Donaghey's are listed as Teleco agents - maybe they can advise you

Liked by: eirebus

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.11.2019  ·  #7
Cara motorhomes in Limerick agents too, I'll try the update again but I don't think I got it wrong the first time 😠

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2019  ·  #8
Problem solved, I didn't have a chance to get to the agents for Teleco, but did a bit more on the Internet and it was suggested I do a full search sequence and it will either show an error or restart the search and lock on, second search locked on, seems silly but it worked

Liked by: panda, voyager, +deleted user

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2019  ·  #9
I found mine getting slower and slower to lock on. Eventually got it updated, mine not so simple, had to send it to roadpro. It’s perfect since

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2019  ·  #10
There's a lot to be said for the manual one's, that's the second update in 3 years

Liked by: Ally

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2019  ·  #11
True. That’s the first one for me in three years though. Hopefully I’ll get another three out of it🤞🤞

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.11.2019  ·  #12
The last motorhome that we bought i did not bother with a satalite dish, i could not justify the cost plus with all the freeview channels now available it seemed more simple.

Liked by: Ally, +deleted user

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2019  ·  #13
it was suggested I do a full search sequence and it will either show an error or restart the search and lock on, second search locked on

I'm still having to do this double search, any suggestions as to why

Liked by: mad max, Vertico

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2019  ·  #14
Quote by eirebus

I'm still having to do this double search, any suggestions as to why

You've lost your way? 🤔😁

Liked by: eirebus, GMAC

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.