sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Rosslare to la Harve france

· 
Posted: 04.10.2019  ·  #4
Anything would be better than the Farce that is the WB Yeats. On the 12th Sept, it took 1hr 35 min to get to the Port from Greystones arriving at 2.55 and then 3 hrs to from Dublin to pass the Tuskar Rock Lighthouse. ( off Rosslare ) I can Drive to Rosslare in 1hr 45min.
All in all a total waste of 3 hours. which I could have better used in France, there wasn't even anywhere to sit and watch the coastline go by unless I sat in the cabin looking out the window.
The person who designed this ship had his head so firmly stuck up his own arse, he thinks no one else wants to see anything.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Rosslare to la Harve france

· 
Posted: 04.10.2019  ·  #5
The unintended benefits of Brexit.... possibility of new routes opening directly to the European mainland.
The more the merrier, hopefully competition will drive down prices and increase availability.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.10.2019  ·  #6
Quote by JJF

The more the merrier, hopefully competition will drive down prices and increase availability.

Eyore
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Homebuilt Campervan.
Base Vehicle: Citroen Relay
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.10.2019  ·  #7
Quote by witzend

Quote by JJF

Hope fully that will happen or the routes could become less profitable and services cut.

The only routes I see getting less profitable are UK / Irl. Direct routes avoiding the landbridge will surely grow.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.10.2019  ·  #8
Quote by Eyore

Quote by witzend

Quote by JJF

Hope fully that will happen or the routes could become less profitable and services cut.

The only routes I see getting less profitable are UK / Irl. Direct routes avoiding the landbridge will surely grow.

That’s my thinking too.

Thornwood
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony Line 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.10.2019  ·  #9
Quote by sprinter

Anything would be better than the Farce that is the WB Yeats. On the 12th Sept, it took 1hr 35 min to get to the Port from Greystones arriving at 2.55 and then 3 hrs to from Dublin to pass the Tuskar Rock Lighthouse. ( off Rosslare ) I can Drive to Rosslare in 1hr 45min.
All in all a total waste of 3 hours. which I could have better used in France, there wasn't even anywhere to sit and watch the coastline go by unless I sat in the cabin looking out the window.
The person who designed this ship had his head so firmly stuck up his own arse, he thinks no one else wants to see anything.

Was on the WB Yeats over (August) and back (September) to France. Plenty of seating all-around the ship . The sailing from Dublin to France is just 15 mins longer than the sailing from Rosslare.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.10.2019  ·  #10
Buts there are very few seats outside.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Rosslare to la Harve france

· 
Posted: 05.10.2019  ·  #11
Quote by Thornwood

Quote by sprinter

Was on the WB Yeats over (August) and back (September) to France. Plenty of seating all-around the ship . The sailing from Dublin to France is just 15 mins longer than the sailing from Rosslare.

Which is exactly the point if the ship sail on the original routes from Rosslare,the journey time to both French Ports would be between 3 and 5 hours shorter which would be of great advantage to both Freight and Holiday traffic.
But then Irish ferries customers don't think so, they know better.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.