tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Aire today, gone tomorrow....

· 
Posted: 02.10.2019  ·  #1
Just woken from another peaceful night, in yet another aire de camping car, in yet another small French town or village.
There's no way we could afford three weeks in France if we had to pay for campsites....so are French tourists surprised when they type in 'aire de camping car' for any town in Ireland, only to discover that it's usually a wasted search?
We're based in West Cork, and often see European motorhomes driving around in the evening, and we know full well that they'll end up paying top money if they find the only campsite for miles, or they'll have to overnight in some lay-by or supermarket car park.
In our town, there are at least two vacant lots that could easily be converted into basic parking areas, even without facilities.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Aire today, gone tomorrow....

· 
Posted: 02.10.2019  ·  #2
Won’t happen here Tony.... too many gombeen councillors/politicians with vested interests or having their greasy palms lined to stop such things happening..... sad but true.

tony glenn
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Europeo
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Aire today, gone tomorrow....

· 
Posted: 02.10.2019  ·  #3
PS: Of course, there would have to be a payment barrier to deter unwelcome visitors. The reception staff at the Ghent Aire were apparently still recovering from an influx of....er.....unruly UK based 'Irish' motorhome dwellers this Summer.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.