eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Doolin pier

· 
Posted: 11.08.2019  ·  #1
Does anyone know how strict they are on the over 3500 kg no parking rule at Doolin pier car park

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Doolin pier

· 
Posted: 11.08.2019  ·  #2
Well they haven’t got a weighbridge anyway, so how will they know. I can’t see you having a problem, going by any time I was there

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2019  ·  #3
Cvrt disc, I'm here so I'll find out in the morning but I wouldn't expect a problem

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2019  ·  #4
They would be getting mighty picky. Not impossible I suppose. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Enjoy. It’s lovely there. Go see the dolphin in the morning. The lady will probably be there swimming with it too.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.08.2019  ·  #5
Had no problem, I'd say it's to stop tandem axil and RVs there's just not enough space for longer vans

3 Musketeers
Subject:

September 2019

· 
Posted: 18.09.2019  ·  #6
I spent a few nights in Nagle’s (Adjacent to Doolin Pier) this past week. (Mid Sept ‘19).

One of the mornings ended up speaking to a local employee of the County Council, whilst walking my dogs along the pier.

Very pleasant and courteous. While we didn’t discuss 3.5T limits, the employee pointed at a MH parked on the pier, and stated that ‘oh there’ll be war’ or words to that effect. Apparently there’s no issue (as per the signage with <3.5T parking there, all day everyday (but no overnight parking — officially at least).

When asked what they meant by their comment ‘oh there’ll be war’, I was told that it absolutely legal to park at the pier (<3.5T) but ‘Your man’ doesn’t like it.

‘Your man’ referred to the owner/manager of Nagle’s. Affects his business turnover obviously.

As for the ‘No overnight parking ‘ rule, I’ve not seen a County Council worker work outside 9-5 anyhow, so nobody to enforce the overnight rule.

On the subsequent mornings I watched as a different County Council worker went up to a German Registered MH, and essentially told them they couldn’t park there... this at 10am, and they had purchased a parking ticket to cover their stay, similar to if they were driving a car.

This particular County Council worker then was heard boasting to one of the Doolin ferry staff members how he had a word with the MH driver and told him to move on. He even referred to the fact that the MH driver tried to show him his paid for parking ticket.

Other than I was on holidays and didn’t want the confrontation, I’d have questioned the County Council worker and his imaginary authority to move a MH on , despite the driver being parked there legally.

Nice new hi-viz, and heightened sense of job entitlement on the CoCo workers part.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2019  ·  #7
Thanks for that, my van is 4 ton and Nagles was full, so I was just wondering about the under 3.5 ton bit

3 Musketeers
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2019  ·  #8
Simply remove the crvt disc from your windscreen while parked there...

(Assuming the weight is printed on the disc).

Anybody from the CoCo asks , simply tell them it’s <3.5T and the dog ate the disc

:-)

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2019  ·  #9
Quote by 3 Musketeers

Simply remove the crvt disc from your windscreen while parked there...

(Assuming the weight is printed on the disc).

Anybody from the CoCo asks , simply tell them it’s <3.5T and the dog ate the disc

:-)

I did, and it is on disc

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2019  ·  #10
Will he care as much when the caravan park closes for the winter. Wonder will he be down moving on tourists then. Spanner

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.