Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

How safe are your children?

· 
Posted: 05.09.2019  ·  #1
When we used to go camping and caravanning with our then young children we would let them run around and find out where everything was like showers, laundry shop etc.
I would think twice now.
This is an excerpt from a court case in Dungannon recently;

A former RUC inspector with a history of sexual offending attempted to lure a child into the woods, a court has heard.
Xxxxxxxxxx from Moygashel, Co Tyrone, committed his fourth sex offence two years after being released from prison for previous matters.
Xxxxxxx (61), of Moygashel Park, originally denied inciting an eight-year-old-child to engage in sexual activity
It occurred in Castlewellan Forest Park on July 26, 2018.
Prosecution counsel told Dungannon Crown Court the victim was camping with her family. At around 2pm she and her four-year-old sibling went to the facilities block.
Xxxxxxxx engaged in conversation, asking her age. On replying she was eight he said: "You're too young."
Xxxxxxxx asked the girl if she would like to take off her underwear. She refused and he persisted in asking if she wanted to come into the woods and he would take off his underwear.
The child and her sibling hurried away, reporting what occurred to her mother, who raised the alarm.

This child was smart!

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: How safe are your children?

· 
Posted: 05.09.2019  ·  #2
Frightening and disturbing and makes me angry. Sad world we live in.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

How safe are your children?

· 
Posted: 05.09.2019  ·  #3
There are some who should simply be put down.

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2019  ·  #4
Quote by JJF

Frightening and disturbing and makes me angry. Sad world we live in.

Parents with children BE ALERT
Just because they are with other children....Doesn't mean they are safe.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2019  ·  #5
It's on the BelTel website, no need to obscure names.

"Raymond Keith Lindsay from Moygashel, Co Tyrone, committed his fourth sex offence two years after being released from prison for previous matters.

Lindsay (61), of Moygashel Park, originally denied inciting an eight-year-old-child to engage in sexual activity and breaching a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO), but changed this a week later.

It occurred in Castlewellan Forest Park on July 26, 2018.

Prosecution counsel told Dungannon Crown Court the victim was camping with her family. At around 2pm she and her four-year-old sibling went to the facilities block.

Lindsay engaged in conversation, asking her age. On replying she was eight he said: "You're too young."

Lindsay asked the girl if she would like to take off her underwear. She refused and he persisted in asking if she wanted to come into the woods and he would take off his underwear.

The child and her sibling hurried away, reporting what occurred to her mother, who raised the alarm.

Meanwhile, Lindsay cycled into the woods.

The court heard as a result of arrest for these matters Lindsay, who had been released for similar offending in 2016, was recalled to serve out the remainder of his sentence and is not due for release until 2020.

An application for parole earlier this year was refused.

Defence counsel accepted the incident was "very distressing for the child victim".

Lindsay joined the RUC in 1988, becoming an inspector in 1993. But shortly after attaining this rank Lindsay was arrested for his first sex offence.

He was jailed and on release a similar incident occurred in 1996, for which he was also jailed.

On release from that there was further offending in 2012 with Lindsay serving another prison sentence, from which he was released in October 2016.

Defence counsel said it was difficult to know how someone of his client's intelligence and achievement "could have crashed like this".

Judge Rafferty retorted: "Probably something to do with offending against children."

The defence said when pressed on his mindset at the time of the latest offending Lindsay claimed: "I was in desperation… I didn't care anymore… I thought I'd be better off in prison."

Having heard the facts, Judge Rafferty said: "This was a really upsetting experience. It was something a child should ever have to deal with."

He decided to take time to consider sentencing options and adjourned until later this month.

However, addressing the victim's parents, the judge stated: "Your daughter knew what was happening was wrong. She is an exceptional young girl and a credit to you."

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2019  ·  #6
Do the decent thing, lock the b*****d up for life and never let him outside a prison ever again.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2019  ·  #7
Give the parents 10 minutes with him.

wanderingaimlessly
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Nissan Interstar
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2019  ·  #8
The justice system is a farce, that dirty b*****d is clearly beyond rehabilitating but releasing him again on his record is a joke. Having small kids is a bit stressful in campsites which is why we wild camp when possible. One should always have a good sharpened hatchet (for firewood) or a nice steel baseball bat (for baseball) in the camper.
If someone with a record like him reoffends, should the justice system not be held liable for further attacks?

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2019  ·  #9
[quote="
If someone with a record like him reoffends, should the justice system not be held liable for further attacks?
[/quote]

Definitely, but as usual there's no accountability

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2019  ·  #10
Quote by wanderingaimlessly

The justice system is a farce, that dirty b*****d is clearly beyond rehabilitating but releasing him again on his record is a joke. Having small kids is a bit stressful in campsites which is why we wild camp when possible. One should always have a good sharpened hatchet (for firewood) or a nice steel baseball bat (for baseball) in the camper.

If carrying a bat make sure you have the ball as well

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2019  ·  #11
Its easier to axplain a good Ash Hurdle and Sliotar in the south, (as opposed to the baseball bat and ball) 😉😉

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.