t18con
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Camper, built not bought
Base Vehicle: Vw Caddy 2l, 110bhp
Subject:

Croatia (again)

· 
Posted: 12.08.2019  ·  #1
Just back tonight from France, and already looking at our next excursion (helps with the post holiday blues), and getting a free trip to the UK from Stenaline also helps out with the organising!! So Croatia, maybe even Greece is on the radar.

anyhow, we're planning on an extended trip 1st April onwards next year, we've changed to a more economical/faster/smaller van in preparation for travelling further afield. The van's not finished yet, but it's getting there.....
Initial thoughts are landbridge to the UK, possibly travelling Rosslaire/Fishguard for a change (although the drive up from Rosslaire to the North after a holiday is horrible) so we can take in Stonehenge on the way across to Dover.

We've been travelling Europe , but there's always that one spot you don't get to on every trip, so we're taking in as many of these missed places as possible.

Rhine Valley (not all of it, just the wife likes quaint towns), the castle in Bavaria accessed by a rope bridge (we passed under the rope bridge one year but never made it back to walk the rope bridge), Klagenfurt (had our honeymoon here many, many moons ago), Stelvio pass, Lake Garda (our first trip was Como , but never made it to Garda), Venice . Would love to do Hitler's Austrian retreat but I think it really IS bringing us too far from our path. Beyond that there's nothing really to tick off the bucket list, apart from the Game of Thrones sites in Croatia. Is there any Must Dos along that sort of path? obviously we've travelled the road before , so already have visited a lot of sites.

Any advice on Croatia , Greece or the surrounding countries, or ferries across to Italy for the return?
also any advice on the bottom of Italy,or the Amalfi area, or Ardeche in France?

I've searched the previous posts on Croatia, but it seems there's not that many travel that far

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Croatia (again)

· 
Posted: 12.08.2019  ·  #2
Sounds absolutely fantastic. Would love to do the trip to Croatia. Was speaking to a guy in Cherbourg while waiting for the WB Yeats and he was saying Croatia was superb. I just need a week to add on to my normal French trip and then it's possible.

t18con
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Camper, built not bought
Base Vehicle: Vw Caddy 2l, 110bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.08.2019  ·  #3
the year we ended up in Bavaria, all the Germans we got talking to were using Zugspitze as a staging point for hitting Croatia, that alerted us to the fact it must be something special, because Bavaria was very nice!

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.08.2019  ·  #4
Check your i

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.08.2019  ·  #5
We did the Mosel Valley from SW Luxembourg to near Heidelberg. Then made our way to the Romantic Road, which took us to Bavaria. From there we did the old Slavic countries, going into Croatia through Hungary. I would go as far as Bavaria then down through Austria, and Slovenia, into northern Croatia. https://www.visit-croatia.co.uk/map-of-croatia/
We're doing Greece next year, down through Romania, and back through Italy.
Slovenia and Croatia are fab places, Croatia frown on wild camping but the sites are reasonable. If you find one like this, https://en.camping.info/croati…isak-25170, or even better http://autocamp-sirena.com/ This is one of a few sites I'd go back to.

Eoin Fitz
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.08.2019  ·  #6
We're just back from a summer in Europe, which included Slovenia, Croatia and Montenegro. All are beautiful. The Croatian coast has become a victim of its own success, in some ways. Many towns/cities are crowded, but its still very much worth visiting.
Bring beach shoes, as almost all the coast is rocky, with sea urchins.
Slovenia is somewhat quieter and more mountainous.
Montenegro is even more beautiful, and not fully developed.
We would recommend the Park4night app for places to stay

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.08.2019  ·  #7
Quote by t18con
Just back tonight from France, and already looking at our next excursion ! So Croatia, maybe even Greece is on the radar.

This site maybe worth a look

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.09.2019  ·  #8
And theres this stop over site

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.