StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Why I need a holiday

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #1
I had a bad feeling about a customer before he arrived he wanted to stay in his caravan for 4 nights we only had availability for 3 nights. He said the 4th night was really important as there were doing something in a nearby town. I still couldn’t fit him for that and suggested Green Acres which was nearer to town he had to go to and that green acres would be available for 4 nights. No that’s not good enough as he wants to by the sea. I said Green Acres are on the Shannon Estuary- no he booked with 1 person in a caravan with no ehu for 3 nights. Called him and said unusual for no ehu in a caravan and he’d previously said there was two people, ah but if I can’t make it I’ll loose less money. He arrived and said on the forth night he’d move his caravan into a motorhome pitch. I said no we are only putting caravans into pitches where the car and caravan fit and I wasn’t going to give him 2 pitches. The couple kept asking if they could stay the forth night right up to the morning when they were due to go, answer still no.
Then they wrote a very negative review complaining we were always cleaning the shower block and they wanted some privacy, the claimed that you are told off for walking on the grass ( I did ask him to move his car off the middle of a grass pitch, he said, there is no where to park on the campsite if you get back after the barrier closes at 9pm, despite parking in two different parking spots on the campsite but outside the barrier on two nights. They also said both Amanda and I were smug and anal.
Anyway I published my response to their review on Facebook (Yes I know Ally) it’s been viewed 16000 times, I have gained 150 followers to my page and loads of people who have not previously heard of us or stayed with now saying they will be booking in the future as they like the idea of clean showers etc.
There is no such thing as bad publicity!
I am feeling quite smug now.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Why I need a holiday

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #2
No pleasing some people.

SWMBO recently got two "not recommended reviews" by people we don't know, they were never a customer and were just being a &&^%. I have my suspicions, but thats neither here nor there.

SWMBO put up a post about them and her regular customers were disgusted, those that hadn't left a review then did and she got a lot more page likes and loads more 5 star reviews!

So it completely back fired on them also :D

If it happens again though we'll be turning reviews off on FB, FB will not take action despite them not being a customer, they dont care nor do they reply. The "not recommended" review never even said why, and one of them lives in Manchester (allegedly). Next step after truning reviews off will be to delete the FB page, I have proven time and time again Facebook is not needed for business.

No one searches for a XXXXXX business on Facebook, they Google it. They might ask for recomendations on FB, but they don't search for the business's.

50% of people are on Facebook, 100% of the people that are online are on the internet. ;-)

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #3
Quote by Ally

No pleasing some people.

SWMBO recently got two "not recommended reviews" by people we don't know, they were never a customer and were just being a &&^%. I have my suspicions, but thats neither here nor there.

SWMBO put up a post about them and her regular customers were disgusted, those that hadn't left a review then did and she got a lot more page likes and loads more 5 star reviews!

So it completely back fired on them also :D

If it happens again though we'll be turning reviews off on FB, FB will not take action despite them not being a customer, they dont care nor do they reply. The "not recommended" review never even said why, and one of them lives in Manchester (allegedly). Next step after truning reviews off will be to delete the FB page, I have proven time and time again Facebook is not needed for business.

No one searches for a XXXXXX business on Facebook, they Google it. They might ask for recomendations on FB, but they don't search for the business's.

50% of people are on Facebook, 100% of the people that are online are on the internet. ;-)

My customer posted their review on trip advisor. I posted my response on Tripadvisor and Facebook. Their review has now disappeared and has been replaced by 2 five star reviews.

To be honest my tolerance levels have slipped considerably, don’t get me wrong I like what I do for a living and I like pretty much all of my customers but every now again there is always one that manages to push my buttons

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #4
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

To be honest my tolerance levels have slipped considerably, don’t get me wrong I like what I do for a living and I like pretty much all of my customers but every now again there is always one that manages to push my buttons

Dealing with the public is never easy, also the better you are the more people want to bring you down, the more you help some people the more they go against you. Putting yourself in the public domain creates jealousy and resentment and the very tiny few then try to destroy you.

But you know what? those people don't matter, they are so small of a minority, the truth always prevails. All we can do is carry on being better than them and let their jealousy eat at them until they destroy themsleves or at least live small pathetic sad lives.

---

Yeah I know, that was a bit deep :lol: but how bloody true :fgrin: - it's a beautiful day and it's going to be a beautiful life :D - I have a saying but it's not for here. :)

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #5
Tripadvisor is a great tool, and those that use it regularly can tell how good a place is just by the stats. We rarely read the reviews these days.

90% "excellent reviews" for Strandcamping is a remarkably high number so you must be doing something right...

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #6
Quote by Blag

Tripadvisor is a great tool, and those that use it regularly can tell how good a place is just by the stats. We rarely read the reviews these days.

90% "excellent reviews" for Strandcamping is a remarkably high number so you must be doing something right...

Finish your van and come to the MHCC meet and find out!😁

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #7
Was only talking with the Mrs lastnight, we need to commit to some event and set an end date for the project. Or else we'll never finish the bloody thing.

6th September is probably a bit ambitious though!! :D

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #8
Vantastival 2 years ago O-)

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #9
Quote by Blag

Was only talking with the Mrs lastnight, we need to commit to some event and set an end date for the project. Or else we'll never finish the bloody thing.

6th September is probably a bit ambitious though!! :D

You give me a date and I’ll host it here. I’m 53 years old mind

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #10
:lol:

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #11
So glad it ended up being to your advantage and hasn't left you too peed off.
Complaining that the showers were too clean must be a first!

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Why I need a holiday

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #12
Quote by norma

I think you missed the point, they wanted to shag each other in the shower and didn't want Jami disturbing them. :devil: :o

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #13
Quote by sprinter

Quote by norma

I think you missed the point, they wanted to shag each other in the shower and didn't want Jami disturbing them. :devil: :o

Way too much information especially as I have to clean them.

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #14
It would appear to me that they were alleging you were into a bit of voyeurism. I’d have thought you would more than likely have better things to do with your time.
You can please some of the people some of the time ..........

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2019  ·  #15
Quote by Albert the Talbot

It would appear to me that they were alleging you were into a bit of voyeurism. I’d have thought you would more than likely have better things to do with your time.

But not all of the time, Plonkers that will not be missed.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2019  ·  #16
Quote by Albert the Talbot

When we are full and particularly when it’s wet we spend a lot of time cleaning with no time or inclination for voyeurism. I will add when quiet I still have no interest in voyeurism.

BARTRE
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Carado T334
Base Vehicle: FIAT DUCATO
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2019  ·  #17
we have stayed on strand camping on several occasions ,found it to be be a very friendly ,clean welcoming site Jamie and Amanda go out of there way to make your stay all that it should be and we will be back

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2019  ·  #18
We have a holiday let and always leave a welcome pack, milk, butter, cereal juice and sodas. I had a lady complain on a review because I didn’t leave jam.

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2019  ·  #19
StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2019  ·  #20
I saw this so tragic

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2019  ·  #21
A "temporary" campsite set up in someones garden at Portstewart for the NW200 saw the owners running out and trailing a drunk driver out of his car, he'd got into a row and decided to drive home, driving into flowerbeds, next would of been the tents.

The following year it was baseball bats at dawn. Tents are crammed in with Motorhomes, trailer tents & caravans, its a disaster waiting to happen.

We stayed at it a few years and some craic'ers still do, the craic'ers always had the sense to arrive early and stay in one corner. We (SWMBO & I) haven't been back for a few years now.

It's basically an illegal campsite, but with campsite owners in the area inflating prices so they can rip people off during the NW200, what do they expect will happen? Pure greed.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.