Base Vehicle:
Subject:

The need for Green Cards explained by Comfort

· 
Posted: 12.04.2019  ·  #1
from; Comfort Insurance

BREXIT - Update

Do I need a Green Card?

As you may already know the exit date for Brexit has been extended, this means that things have changed with Green Cards, the below information should have everything that you need to know. If you have any questions or queries please call us on 0800 0304 206.

If you are travelling to the EU and will return prior to the exit date which has now been delayed to 31st October 2019, you do not need a Green Card and do not need to contact us for a Green Card you just need to take your certificate of Motor Insurance which has the European wording on the reverse.

If you are planning to be driving your vehicle in the EU on or after the new exit date above, please contact us 21 days before you plan to travel so we can issue you with a Green Card if you require one.

In the event there is no deal on the 31st October 2019, a Green Card will be required for all vehicles which travel in the EU after the exit date to prove that you have the required insurance, regardless of the level of motor cover provided on your policy. This is true even if you have a foreign use extension on your motor policy.

In the event that we leave before the 31st October 2019 it will mean that we have come to an agreement and therefore leaving with a Deal which will mean that Green Cards will not be required at all for travel within the EU.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: The need for Green Cards explained by Comfort

· 
Posted: 13.04.2019  ·  #2
[quote="Floorman"] In the event that we leave before the 31st October 2019 it will mean that we have

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2019  ·  #3
And there is no guarantee, yet, that we won't leave without a deal before October.
Double negatives! What I meant was we could still leave without a deal before Oct....
Should we risk it or get the card just in case? 🤔

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2019  ·  #4
Quote by norma

And there is no guarantee, yet, that we won't leave without a deal before October.
Double negatives! What I meant was we could still leave without a deal before Oct....
Should we risk it or get the card just in case? 🤔

Get the card just in case, it's free unless you want to go to Morocco or some other places.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.08.2019  ·  #5
No need for green cards in case of no-deal Brexit apparently. That’s for ROI drivers going to UK, but not the other way. Link

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.08.2019  ·  #6
I’ve just insured my van through Adrian flux and on my insurance cert it states that my insurance covers me for all eu countries and the cert is in place of a green card as Adrian flux is only the broker I’m insured with marherstudy insurance company my premium was £221.00 for the year this is unlimited Mileage in the eu plus lots of other stuff fire theft road side assistant windscreen and other things

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.08.2019  ·  #7
Quote by hillton9

I’ve just insured my van through Adrian flux and on my insurance cert it states that my insurance covers me for all eu countries and the cert is in place of a green card as Adrian flux is only the broker I’m insured with marherstudy insurance company my premium was £221.00 for the year this is unlimited Mileage in the eu plus lots of other stuff fire theft road side assistant windscreen and other things

Mines the same broker and has the same wording.
MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE EUROPEAN COVER
This Certificate of Motor Insurance takes the place of an International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) and is
evidence that the insurance extends to include the compulsory Motor Insurance requirements of: -
A. Any member country of the European Union
B. Gibraltar, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Serbia and Switzerland

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.