Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Motorhome Overnight Parking, Kinsale

· 
Posted: 19.08.2019  ·  #1
Motorhome & Campervan Overnight Parking
Motorhome & Campervan Overnight Parking is available at the New Road Car Park or next to Charles Fort.

See here; https://www.kinsale.ie/travel-…t-parking/

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Motorhome Overnight Parking, Kinsale

· 
Posted: 19.08.2019  ·  #2
eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.08.2019  ·  #3
Good to see more places 👍

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2019  ·  #4
If this post refers to the spaces overlooking Charles Fort, these are car parking spaces with quite a slope sideways down the hill. We were there the other day and it was chocca, but there seems to be land on the other side of the road, privately owned that would be ideal.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2019  ·  #5
Quote by Helgahobby

If this post refers to the spaces overlooking Charles Fort, these are car parking spaces with quite a slope sideways down the hill. We were there the other day and it was chocca, but there seems to be land on the other side of the road, privately owned that would be ideal.

It is two places, click the link in post one.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2019  ·  #6
Ah. This one is not near the fort. Had I had my phone I'd have seen it on the app.

I seemed to remember someone posting about being able to park at the fort, there are two possible spots, just beyond the parking area, but these were taken.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2019  ·  #7
Drove past the one at New Road Kinsale earlier today, (beside firestation and near SuperValu). It looks to be reasonably accessible in terms of manoeuvre with coach bays in the middle. At 4.15 on a wet August day there were spaces and it is probably empty overnight. A late arrival for next day visit may be in order. The issue is more trying to drive through the town which as ever is a pain. We were bound for the free parking at Lower Road at the head of the inlet. Good for visiting but a bit noisy and every passer by looking in. Later we have moved to Charles Fort. True it can be sloping on 2 axis but if you arrive after closing and park late in the nearest bay to the fort it is passable without need for levellers. The bays deteriorate as the slope towards the town steepens. There is parking to the east of the entrance or on the opposite side of the road which seems usable without much levelling (although at the cost of the view). Rarely find more than one or two vans overnighting on our last few visits (usually August). We are alone at present 7.15 and there was only on van at lower road.

Davy

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2019  ·  #8
Not a lot to do at Charles fort at night I would imagine, is the other one far from Pubs, Restaurants and shops?

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2019  ·  #9
Yes, we tend not to be pub types, so move up to Charles Fort in the evening for the view and the quiet.
Lower Road is handy for all the town facilities but can be a bit noisy with traffic and late night home goers. We did have someone knock on the side of the van a few years back, but not really a problem
The New Road carpark looks to be quite close to the facilities, but no knowledge of its ‘ambiance’ since it only reared it’s head in the last while. 300 metres from it to the Blue Haven hotel.

Davy

airhead_eire

Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2019  ·  #10
Quote by CHAUSSON

Not a lot to do at Charles fort at night I would imagine, is the other one far from Pubs, Restaurants and shops?

The Bulman pub is only down the road from Charles Fort. They do food also.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2020  ·  #11
We hit Kinsale in the early afternoon on Sunday, headed for the lower road because we wanted to mosey around the town for a while and were fancied staying there for the night.

No room for our van on the water side of the road but there was plenty of space on the other side. Water side has marked bays, other side has no marked parking spaces but absence of double yellows and the broken white line in the middle means parking is permitted, wouldn't fancy being in a lone van on that side overnight so we moved across to the water side later in the day. Spaces further away from town are parallel to the kerb and outside the time limited parking zone.

Cobh rightly gets praise for its dedicated Aire but Kinsale deserves credit for recognising that MoHo's want to stop and encouraging them to use this very beautiful stretch rather than other places where they would be outside houses or businesses. It's not MoHo specific, plenty of cars here too, first come first served, but it would be hard to see it not being possible to find an overnight spot any evening

After spending a bit of time in town, we walked along the Scilly waterfront out to Charles Fort, spectacular walk. In the way back in there were several pods of dolphins that could be seen around the harbour, the boys were thrilled with the show.

We've all seen the overflowing bins stories and the bins were overflowing on Sunday evening along this stretch, but they weren't any different anywhere else in the town. I was out early on (bank holiday) Monday morning with the dogs, had to pick up after the dogs, and low and behold, the bins were all empty. It's not rocket science really is it?

Monday morning was sunny but the expectation was for an overcast afternoon so we left for Garrylucas early to catch the best of the day.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2020  ·  #12
For overnight parking the unofficial official place is the New Road Carpark on the R605.
There are rumours it will be the official place

Liked by: <BM>, Ally

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2020  ·  #13
Quote by baguette

For overnight parking the unofficial official place is the New Road Carpark on the R605.
There are rumours it will be the official place

Nicely put :)

Liked by: eirebus, mtoolan

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.