Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Planning the cost of your Tolls in France

· 
Posted: 10.08.2019  ·  #1
If anyone is unsure of how much the Tolls in France will cost or indeed which route you should go then this site will help them.
Just type in where you are going from and too and this site will show you the route and even give you an idea on fuel costs as well as Toll costs.
www.autoroutes.fr

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Planning the cost of your Tolls in France

· 
Posted: 10.08.2019  ·  #2
IMO it costs €250 to drive from either Cherbourg or Roscoff to the Mediterranean, return, be it southern France or Costa Brava, Blanca. Whether you return the same route, Toulouse, Bordeaux, or Zaragoza, Pamplona, San Sebastián, Bordeaux, the cost has been within €5 no matter which way we went. All tolls, fastest routes. Obviously if you miss some toll roads it will be less expensive. We are time constraint and searching for the Sun

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2019  ·  #3
Quote by Daffysparks

IMO it costs €250 to drive from either Cherbourg or Roscoff to the Mediterranean, return, be it southern France or Costa Brava, Blanca. Whether you return the same route, Toulouse, Bordeaux, or Zaragoza, Pamplona, San Sebastián, Bordeaux, the cost has been within €5 no matter which way we went. All tolls, fastest routes. Obviously if you miss some toll roads it will be less expensive. We are time constraint and searching for the Sun

Everyone is not going the same way nor necessarily heading for the sun, some may want to go west or meet up with friends so the site mentioned could be beneficial to them. You are obviously a well seasoned traveller.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.08.2019  ·  #4
Absolutely. I could not agree with you more. I just jumped I. With my findings on a round trip, that suits us. I suppose my point is, that, whole French tolls are more expensive than Spanish ones, on our round trip, there is basically no real difference. I’m sure the page you mentioned is very beneficial.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.08.2019  ·  #5
Quote by Floorman

If anyone is unsure of how much the Tolls in France will cost or indeed which route you should go then this site will help them.
Just type in where you are going from and too and this site will show you the route and even give you an idea on fuel costs as well as Toll costs.
www.autoroutes.fr

We’ve used that site too and is quite accurate, also via Michelin app is very good.
We manage a mix of both tolls and non toll when going south and a lot of the non toll roads are a nicer drive, however there is sections of the journey where tolls make absolute sense to avoid cities and traffic problems...... and we’ve no time constraints while on a continental trip so that isn’t factored into consideration. Most important part is to enjoy the journey.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.