Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: ROI scraps the TV license.... now everyone to pay. 🤬

· 
Posted: 02.08.2019  ·  #2
That's the way it should be IMO, don't pay don't get it. Whereas in NI, it's a criminal offence whether you want to watch it or not.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2019  ·  #3
The bit that gall's me is even though RTE's advertising revenue is way down......They still pay huge money to the like's of Tubridy. Darcy and all the other shite presenter's on our dime....The place need's a complete shakedown.

Another thing...I have a good friend who work's as a Transmitter Engineer in RTE....When something breaks or stops working it's tossed in the skip, Most of the time it's fixable foe little expense he said but they dont bother....Just waste money with new replacement's.... :devil:

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2019  ·  #4
Problem here is Ally is that anyone with a mobile device (a phone) will be paying a ‘media fee’ as they’re calling it.
This is not to enhance anything, it’s just another tax on the population dressed up to look good with no end goal other than to get more money for the exchequer, and a large proportion of the money will go to RTE to keep broadcasting government propaganda.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2019  ·  #5
Quote by JJF

Problem here is Ally is that anyone with a mobile device (a phone) will be paying a ‘media fee’ as they’re calling it.
This is not to enhance anything, it’s just another tax on the population dressed up to look good with no end goal other than to get more money for the exchequer, and a large proportion of the money will go to RTE to keep broadcasting government propaganda.

It won't be optional?

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2019  ·  #6
Quote by Ally

Quote by JJF

It won't be optional?

No...Thats why the cnut's are bringing in this all accompassing " Media Device " fee.....To make everyone pay should you watch RTE on it or not

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2019  ·  #7
Ahh, just like here then, scandalous.

I suggest they bring in a law that everyone with a Motorhome has to buy the Motorhome Parking Ireland App or they go to jail. Same thing!

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

ROI scraps the TV license.... now everyone to pay. 🤬

· 
Posted: 02.08.2019  ·  #8
More money to ram imported crap into minds of people who don't know any better. Just look at the schedule between 4 and 9pm on the 6 stations you get on Saorview ,you would think you're in a different Country. :devil:

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.08.2019  ·  #9
Typical Irish government. The only way they know to fix a problem, tax the sh*t out of the public. As John said, over priced presenters are the problem along with the fact that nobody watches RTEs sh*t.
Im wondering if my grandchildren get say a new Tablet for Christmas, or a new computer, will they now have to pay for a licence.? OR is it one per household regardless of whether you have 1 or 20 devices?
And who is responsible for the licence? The house owner or the owner of the device?
And who are these f*ckers that will be tendering to collect the fee? Sounds like the heavies are coming for you.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2019  ·  #10
I suppose in theory us that are paying the Tv License will get a reduction now with all these new people that will be liable to pay, I DOUBT it though😡🙈
How the hell will they be able to track down all of these devices?

sootyrex
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elddis
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2019  ·  #11
its seems unimplementable to me. also I wonder if they introduce crazy contentious ideas like this to keep us focussed on issues that are not important and keep our minds away from anything important, for example that the health service in ROI seems to be incapable of resolving the cervical smear test problems and just keep making new ones.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

ROI scraps the TV license.... now everyone to pay

· 
Posted: 09.08.2019  ·  #12
Quote by sootyrex

its seems unimplementable to me. also I wonder if they introduce crazy contentious ideas like this to keep us focussed on issues that are not important and keep our minds away from anything important, for example that the health service in ROI seems to be incapable of resolving the cervical smear test problems and just keep making new ones.

Now you're on the right track :up: when they are all away on their jollies they have a list of stuff they slip out automatically when things get sticky,and there is no one at home.
Fancy you coming to that conclusion with the help of a few very heigh paid consultants and spin doctors.
There is a certain Ms.Health minister who put this all in train with no doubt the help of the very same consultants and spin doctors who are keeping their heads down hiding behind their fat pension's. And was also responsible for the fiasco that is the HSE. :devil:
Every current and ex poli-tick since
2008 should hang their heads in shame, for the way they have treated the women if this country,

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.