Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

Airbag warning light

· 
Posted: 26.06.2019  ·  #1
I had the airbag warning light come on about 3 weeks ago in my 2016 Ducato 130. Seems to be a common problem. Took it to Rodney at RDO Auto Electrics in Killinchy, Co. Down. Used his diagnostic computer to find a fault in the airbag control module. He ordered a new one, then fitted and re-programmed it today. Part was £190, his labour was £90. Considering Fiat charge £85 just for the diagnostics, I think I got a good deal. Can’t recommend him enough. Great service.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Airbag warning light

· 
Posted: 26.06.2019  ·  #2
Good to hear. Sometimes the fault is caused by the drivers seat being swivelled which over tensions the wire from the the seat, so can be an easy repair. I had the same problem that you had and complained to Fiat Ireland. My van is a 2015/16 so out of warranty. However due to it being a common problem which I reminded them about together with one or two other common Fiat failures that I had suffered, they replaced the part free as goodwill. I was due to pay Donaghys for labour which is a short job, however fiat sent the wrong part and I had to make a second trip up to Letterkenny. Good old Donaghey’s and their excellent customer service waived the charge on account of my need to travel 100 miles each way each time.

There is a firm called crash data who will recondition or replace your part at a much cheaper price should anyone else have this issue.

https://www.crashdata.co.uk/Default.asp

Davy

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2019  ·  #3
My mechanic tried plugging into mine, his software was not compatible with BBC commodore and Sinclair zx spectrum

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.06.2019  ·  #4
Gigo

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.08.2019  ·  #5
@2424 Allan, sent you a PM but got a message your inbox was full. Tried sending you a text. Did you get either. Mark

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.