Eyore
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Homebuilt Campervan.
Base Vehicle: Citroen Relay
Subject:

Clifden Eco Camping

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #1
Is it just me,yesterday at Clifden Eco Camping we were charged a €20 deposit in case the dogs did damage. On asking what sort of damage might they do my OH was told digging holes!
It is a super campsite, but that is a load of ****. There were about 8 or 10 MHs,caravans or tents with well behaved dogs. Needless to say we got our deposit returned but its a needless irritation. Do parents get charges a deposit against thir kids digging holes?

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Clifden Eco Camping

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #2
Quote by Eyore

Is it just me,yesterday at Clifden Eco Camping we were charged a €20 deposit in case the dogs did damage. On asking what sort of damage might they do my OH was told digging holes!
It is a super campsite, but that is a load of ****. There were about 8 or 10 MHs,caravans or tents with well behaved dogs. Needless to say we got our deposit returned but its a needless irritation. Do parents get charges a deposit against thir kids digging holes?

Now that’s an idea, kids deposit.
I must admit though I can understand Kris’ point of view. I have a simple pet policy; dogs on a lead in the main area of the campsite and if they poop the owner must scoop but no there’s always one that has such a well behaved dog that it doesn’t need to be on a lead that then pees on someone else’s pitch or goes over to a tethered dog and winds it up and despite providing poo bins I still get the odd irresponsible owner who fails to pick up after their pet.
I wonder if the €20 deposit it just to make dog owners think twice about being irresponsible.

Eyore
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #3
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Quote by Eyore

Now that’s an idea, kids deposit.
I must admit though I can understand Kris’ point of view. I have a simple pet policy; dogs on a lead in the main area of the campsite and if they poop the owner must scoop but no there’s always one that has such a well behaved dog that it doesn’t need to be on a lead that then pees on someone else’s pitch or goes over to a tethered dog and winds it up and despite providing poo bins I still get the odd irresponsible owner who fails to pick up after their pet.
I wonder if the €20 deposit it just to make dog owners think twice about being irresponsible.

No problems with dogs on a lead and scoop the poop, But the deposit just annoys people.

Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #4
Quote by Eyore

Now to be fair.........€20 deposit was reasonable in that instance!!!

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #5
Campsite owner tried to find me once too, said my dog chased someone on a bike.....
I argued with him, told him it wasn’t our dog because our dog can’t ride a bike.

Eyore
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #6
I love that and did think the only way to get value for €20 was to bring in a digger and perhaps bury a caravan.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #7
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

I still get the odd irresponsible owner who fails to pick up after their pet.

There ya go Jamie, problem solved. :lol: :lol:

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #8

[mmgr]

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #9
It might be annoying but it works. No dogs running about and no s##t in the dunes. It’s a great site.

Eyore
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #10
The Deposit has nothing to do with dog sh*t or running loose. The type of person who brings their pets on holiday is generally a responsible owner, just the same as motorhome craic members are with their responsibilities re waste.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2019  ·  #11

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.