Recommend A Big Pole

And I don't mean Robert Lewandowski.....!

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Recommend A Big Pole

· 
Posted: 20.05.2019  ·  #1
Following on from this thread where I set up a long rage WiFi antenna solution, I'm now looking at motorhome mounting solutions:
forum/topic.php?t=18950

Has anyone every mounted a flagpole or similar on their vans? I'm thinking of the below which would be cable tied to the ladder.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0055CURZQ/

Then run some outdoor network cable (CAT6) out through the solar panel waterproof box and to the antenna mounted to the top of the extendible pole.

Any other ideas?

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Recommend A Big Pole

· 
Posted: 20.05.2019  ·  #2
I had one of those 6 metre extending fibre glass pole for flying a flag. I initially used 1 1/2 metres of steel conduit hammered into the ground and slid the pole down onto this, then extended it and it worked well even in storms. I got a van with a ladder and cable tied it at about 2 meter intervals and it broke on the first night. When I was ordering a new one the seller said that only the 1st section of the pole has any reinforcing in it and not to tie the new one to the van.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.05.2019  ·  #3
I have one of those extendable window washing yokes LIKE THIS which Aldi & Lidle have from time to time, which I attach to the ladder with a couple of cable ties when I want to use it. They make excellent extendable poles for WiFi and TV aerials and are only a fraction of the price of what you find advertised as extendable poles. Plus you get the window cleaning bits for free :D

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2019  ·  #4
Seems quite a few on Amazon from cheap plastic ones up to quality fibre glass poles. Need to measure the van ladder to see what height I need.

Guessing either a 4-8ft or a 6-12ft will be loads of height.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.