Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Motorhome Dealers in NI

· 
Posted: 13.05.2019  ·  #1
(don't forget this is a public forum)

All I hear these days is great reports about Motorhome dealers in RoI, Donagheys, Anchorpoint, Pat Horan to name some.

But all I seem to hear is bad reports from NI dealers, with the odd good one thrown in.

So whats your experience? Have you had a great after sales experience with an NI Motorhome Dealer, lets hear you :)

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

Re: Motorhome Dealers in NI

· 
Posted: 13.05.2019  ·  #2
I took mine for a pre MOT check to a dealer in NI recently as my usual mechanic could not lift it on his lift anymore. I was very pleased initially and sure enough a some parts (LHd specific) were needed and he said he would source them. Weeks and weeks went by and nothing was happening when I asked for regular updates. They are very busy to be fair but in the end after saying I was taking the van elsewhere I found out what the parts were myself, sourced and bought them and hand delivered them to the outsourced mechanic. It was fixed and passed MOT within a week. The van was with them for almost 2 months in all. I would not go back.

joberg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 696f
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.05.2019  ·  #3
Bought our first motorhome from Central Motorhomes in 2016, there was a few bits of work to do which was all completed perfectly. After doing the deal he rang me to say he was going to do the timing belt even though the previous owner had said it was done the previous year, found them excellent all round. Changed last year for different layout, bought from Thompsons, again I found them very good to deal with, they gave me a way better for a deal for a new rapido compared to others who were offering me a pittance for my trade in . Had a few teething problems after collecting it and it got sorted straight away by Simon LTS who does their servicing for them. I'd have no problem recommending either dealer

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.05.2019  ·  #4
I bought the current van from Hagans and any teething problems were sorted reasonably quickly, if I was to ever change I would go back to them.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.05.2019  ·  #5
Quote by joberg

Bought our first motorhome from Central Motorhomes in 2016, there was a few bits of work to do which was all completed perfectly. After doing the deal he rang me to say he was going to do the timing belt even though the previous owner had said it was done the previous year, found them excellent all round. Changed last year for different layout, bought from Thompsons, again I found them very good to deal with, they gave me a way better for a deal for a new rapido compared to others who were offering me a pittance for my trade in . Had a few teething problems after collecting it and it got sorted straight away by Simon LTS who does their servicing for them. I'd have no problem recommending either dealer

Good stuff Joe, just curious what took you up North when there are 3 or 4 dealers in or near Tipperary. I would have thought it would be a long distance should you need warranty work done.

joberg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 696f
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.05.2019  ·  #6
Had looked around locally and didn't see anything we liked in our price range, were off for the weekend and were looking around with no intention of buying, the van had just arrived in the evening before as a tradin, they hadn't even got a chance to clean it up, we fell in love with it straight away.

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.05.2019  ·  #7
Don't forget if you are exporting an Irish registered Motorhome you can reclaim a portion of the 13.5% VRT that our beloved Reveue charge us for the privilege of owning a MH.

There's an online calculator but it doesn't work for MH's because they require special research to value.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.