Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

The Golf Open in Portrush - opinions sought on Motorhome parking

· 
Posted: 10.05.2019  ·  #1
The following has absolutely nothing to do with me or Motorhomecraic, I have been asked to post and guage interested.

Islandrock Campsite is looking to gauge the interest of people on the group who would benefit from a parking site a mile outside Portrush for the week of the 148th Open.

With extortionate prices on accommodation and caravan sites charging more than above the odds prices... we have decided to open up a self contained site to hold up to 12 motorhomes / caravans.

The site is classified as festival conditions. At the minute we don't plan on having a constant hook up facility. We will endeavour to supply a facility to charge from for a set time period to charge up a liesure battery etc. There is no official grey / black water dump facilities at the minute. Portrush aire site is one mile away, however we will work with customers on this matter. Fresh water refill facility available.

Each site is spacious with a temporary decking to run along the side of each van.

The site is westerly facing with amazing views over Donegal. Mussenden temple in the foreground silhouetted on the sunsets.

If interest is adequate, we plan to have a morning and evening shuttle bus running from the site into portrush. With traffic restrictions this may be as far as the local park and ride facilities. Local taxis are available for lifts outside these times and cost on average £6 for single journey.

We are a small up and coming family run business geared towards providing affordable accommodation.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: The Golf Open in Portrush - opinions sought on Motorhome parking

· 
Posted: 11.05.2019  ·  #2
The decking is not required but a grey/black dump is, even festival conditions have that. No price is mentioned!

The open is on when I am off to sunnier climes so it’s not for me

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2019  ·  #3
That all depends on price, and as John stated whether they provide a black/grey dump which is absolutely essential.
I am content with our setup at our regular stop and have the scooter to commute, so once again it’s of no interest to us.

TippOff
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2019  ·  #4
Not of interest to us but good to see someone interested in providing a service - provided the price and conditions are right.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2019  ·  #5
Interesting proposal.
Black dump can be easily solved using a few IBC tanks. A set of pallet forks is all needed to shift the IBCs.
Again, like other posts, the cost per night would be the key for the project to be successful.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2019  ·  #6
I wouldn’t look over the ditch to watch golf, but I think this lad might be onto something. If it’s as busy as I imagine, people will take whatever is going. He says the official Aire is one mile away, but will it be navigable on those days, and will the Aire offer service only facilities on these dates. Again, I think the grey, and especially the black waste issue needs to be addressed

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2019  ·  #7
I think they just use an IBC tank for Scarva as it is a one off weekend so it does the job fine.

AliPhatCamper
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2019  ·  #8
Hmmm....... So somebody else who doesn't care for golf.

Personally I also have never read any Harry Potter, nor watched Star Wars/Game of Thrones nor any of the other guff that the media tell us we ought to like.

Rugby's good though and old buses.

Good luck to these guys/gals for having a go.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.05.2019  ·  #9
Loacation, location, location. Google shows this as 2.4 miles from the east strand. So probably a good walk for most people if the road isn't to busy. Taxis will probably be at a premium or very expensive. However given the demand for places to stay and providing black and grey waste is sorted, this place can name their price and easily fill 12 bays.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.05.2019  ·  #10
Absolutely no interest in golf, so it wouldnt be for me. However, if he is seriously thinking of making a go of this, waste disposal is a must.
I hope he does, it dosent do any harm to have somewhere else to park up.Depending on cost.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.