Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

TITTS

· 
Posted: 07.05.2019  ·  #1
I spoke to a reliable source about the current position of the Forestry in N. Ireland and he was able to tell me that the local council have agreed in January of this year to take over many of the forest parks including Gortin Glens and Castlewellan. He wasn’t aware how this will affect TITTS or when. He thinks that the Forestry financial year runs April to April so it may be next April. He thinks that the forestry will only retain a main forest in each county with all the smaller ones being adopted by the council who can afford to develop them further.

I asked how this would affect TITTS and he did not know. However Gosford was taken over by the council last year and the TITTS facility was lost. Now it is Site B available at a nightly charge with water and toilet waste point.

I talked with fellow TITTS users at the weekend and some off their friends who had left it late to apply were unable to buy keys as the total number of keys has been reduced to reflect the loss of Gosford and Ballyboley.

I personally will be gutted using the TITTS at least 100 nights a year @ 180. Where else can you have clean fresh forest air and classic tranquility for 1.80 per night.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: TITTS

· 
Posted: 07.05.2019  ·  #2
I would think that would be the end of Titts, a big loss. :(

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

Re: TITTS

· 
Posted: 08.05.2019  ·  #3
Tip - Don't google "TITTS" when you're at work :-) You get some pretty dodgy websites on the results list :lol:

Touring In The Trees (TITTS) for anyone curious about the acronym.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.