Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

Strand Camping @ Doonbeg

· 
Posted: 07.05.2019  ·  #1
Good day folks,

We came back from an amazing weekend in Clare, weather was absolutely unreal.

We booked a night at Strand Camping to stay over on Friday night and we loved it so much that we had to stay another night.

I've been in quite a few sites around Ireland and this is by far one of the best if not the best we have experienced thus far, it fits us so well and it's so incredible well managed by Jamie that I cannot recommend it enough.

As a dog owner, I've never felt so welcome and accommodated. We're talking about a dedicated area for them to run and Jamie even had a few toys for them to play around.

Spotless and fully functional, it has everything that you'll ever need/want. Puts many (if not all) bigger sites to shame.

Bays are well separated and most have some trees in between for extra privacy. Easy to book through the website, so no need to be worrying about having a free spot on arrival.

Jamie is a class act, gave us all the info about the area and made some amazing suggestions for us to go out and visit. He even pointed out all the nearby "wild camp" spots around the area, which I found very surprising as that would technically be his own competition.

Highly recommended!!! Thank you Jamie :)

Cheers,
Rami & Karen

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Strand Camping @ Doonbeg

· 
Posted: 07.05.2019  ·  #2
Thank you choosing to stay with us, it was good to meet you, Karen and the hounds. I have a dog and he dictates where we stay when we get away in our van. I’m pleased you liked the area and our site. I genuinely do not mind wild camping in Doonbeg and I don’t see it as my competition but it is a benefit to the businesses in and around Doonbeg.
Plus I fully understand if someone wants to wild camp they will so why not in Doonbeg or the other towns or villages nearby it’s great to be in a MH friendly area. It’s also nice to be able to recommend a safe and quiet area if we are full, we have done this loads of times and have found after a night of wild camping they come back to us to stay the following day. So everyone wins.
Hope to see you all again sometime.
Regards Jamie

joeflo
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Strand Camping @ Doonbeg

· 
Posted: 07.05.2019  ·  #3
We had the same great experience and will be back.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.