Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

Backup camera connected to ipad?

· 
Posted: 25.03.2019  ·  #1
Can anyone recommend a system that would link a backup camera to an ipad mini?

Preferably wired via the lightening cable.

Some of the reviews I've read about wireless systems mention an annoying time lag when using wifi or bluetooth, I dont know how accurate this is? If you have experience of wireless systems I'd like to hear about it!

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Backup camera connected to ipad?

· 
Posted: 25.03.2019  ·  #2
It’s not possible to connect a wired camera to an iPad. You can with Android device. You could try a wireless approach to see how it works. I got myself one of those endoscope inspection cameras. It is wireless and communicates to the iPhone app over Bluetooth. The main body of the kit is a small rechargeable unit that sends the Bluetooth camera signal to my phone and it has the endoscope camera plugged in over USB.

The endoscope camera’s field of view is useless for anything other than inspecting small places up close. But I can disconnect the endoscope and attach a HD usb webcam and receive very sharp images. So yeah in theory you could do it wirelessly. But you would have to keep the base unit charged by either giving it constant power or from a reverse power signal. In fact, I am not even sure my camera could be powered i.e. charging, and communicating live images simultaneously. And it sounds like a bit of a hassle to be turning on the iPad and reconnecting to the camera every time it is needed. Sounds messy but could be fun to play with. You can pick up those endoscope units for nothing now and a HD miniature webcam is easy to come by.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Backup camera connected to ipad?

· 
Posted: 25.03.2019  ·  #3
I have a dashcam similar to this in my car (not 100% if it's the exact same)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0…UTF8&psc=1

It hosts its own wifi network and there is an app that can live stream from it over that wifi network. Probably not suitable for exposure to the elements but you could probably figure something out.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.