TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Possible fatberg

· 
Posted: 03.03.2019  ·  #1
I have noticed that when I drain the water from my waste tank it drains very quickly when the tap is first opened, then slows down to a trickle which could last for about 10 -15 minutes. This makes me think there is some sort of blockage. I am going to give it a good inspection when I get home but in the meantime am going to try a quick fix. I’m going to drain as much as possible then empty my hot boiler plus kettle and saucepan of boiling water into it along with a couple of washing up tablets. We will be doing a couple of hundred miles tomorrow so I’m hoping it might solve it.

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Possible fatberg

· 
Posted: 03.03.2019  ·  #2
I have heard of someone pouring a bottle of coke into the empty tank and driving a few miles,apparently it froths up and cleans the tank,haven't tried it myself but may be worth a try .

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.03.2019  ·  #3
Yes I saw that on another post but I think that was to get rid of the smell. It could be a combination of fat and the odd coffee ground.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.03.2019  ·  #4
I would use liquid detergent not tablet and Never let coffee grinds into the system it can set like concrete in the pipework

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.