ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

Re: Solar panel MPTT

· 
Posted: 01.03.2019  ·  #41
I was looking at that earlier John, lot cheaper but more expensive that the solar one that was recomended as well. Iit works out about 133 euro, compared to 70, but i think it might be the way to go.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.03.2019  ·  #42
Quote by ROBANDSUE

theres an MPTT version alright that will do uo to 250 watts. The cost is 177 euro inc tax and delivery. Its Voltronic. Seems a bit expensive.

I know mppt is the dogs nuts, but the one you showed will still charge the batteries for you. If you havent had solar before you will be happy out anyway.

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.03.2019  ·  #43
Quote by ROBANDSUE

Thanks lads, thats good news.
This is the unit i have decided to go with. It plugs into the control box on the hymer.
https://www.solara.eu/shop/cha…ontroller/

I've had one of these for the past four years and had no bother with it. It keeps two leisure batteries and the starter battery charged with one 100 watt solar panel.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.03.2019  ·  #44
Quote by johnnymac

Quote by ROBANDSUE

This is the unit i have decided to go with. It plugs into the control box on the hymer.

I've had one of these for the past four years and had no bother with it. It keeps two leisure batteries and the starter battery charged with one 100 watt solar panel.

Exactly. There is always something new and more technical coming along. Doesn’t mean the older tech gear is suddenly no good

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.03.2019  ·  #45
Quote by johnnymac

Quote by ROBANDSUE

Im going to run 2 x 100 watt panels, i wonder would that effect the performance?. its showing as a 200watt controller.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.03.2019  ·  #46
If it’s rated at 200 watts you should be fine. Most current handling devices are rated for continuous operation. The chances of you getting the full 200 watts out of your panels for even 4-6 hours a day in the height of the summer is about the very best you could hope for. Look at it this way.. you could nearly buy three of them for the price of the other one

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.