tv power supply help

deisecamper
Craic'er
Subject:

12v regulated power supply

· 
Posted: 17.01.2013  ·  #1
ok I'm sure somebody can help

DC-DC Synchronous Rectification Power Module LM2596 w/ Voltage Display CCLFeatures
Input voltage: 4.5-24V, Output voltage: 0.9V-20V, Output current: 2A, Output power: Max 20WApplicationSynchronous Rectification Power ModulePacking List1 x Power module

I want to be able to connect my samsung tv directly to my 12v supply, I'm sure for safety the 12v needs to be regulated to avoid fluctuations. I came across the above on dx.com. am I on the right track? I was going to just connect a 12v plug and 4 pin socket and set up to the output stated on the tv power supply.

thanks for help in advance

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: 12v regulated power supply

· 
Posted: 19.01.2013  ·  #2
your figures dont make any sense are you running 12v or 220 v ?

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.01.2013  ·  #3
How many amps (or watts) does the tv draw?

Robbie

Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.01.2013  ·  #4
Quote by eirebus

your figures dont make any sense are you running 12v or 220 v ?

Her figures make perfect sense as she is quoting the manufactures information on the DC to DC Synchronous Rectification Power Module LM2596 w, that module is mainly meant for a 24v input and a 12volt output with a maximum draw of 20watts.

The unit will not be suitable for running most average size televisions however as they draw on average 28 to 45 watts.

As to running the samsung TV if it is meant for 12v connection straight into it, it will have an inbuilt protection and filtering circuit so will deal with any charging voltage that may be applied across it as well and the normal full state charge voltage of the batteries.

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.01.2013  ·  #5
Amperor make a unit that works very well and will continue a stable and consistent voltage.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.