Camper four wheel alignment

paddyx
Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.02.2019  ·  #1
I went into Blackstone Motors main renault dealer in drogheda for wiper blade for my renault master and i got talking to the service manager and he told me that they can do the four wheel alignment on camper vans the cost is 80€ on its own or 50€ with a full service
I opted for the full service which was 250€ and 50€ for the alignment and included in the service was a full video/audio of the chasssis that gave a full account of tyre wear engine leaks steering rack ball joints exaust ect and a full point to point written report on the condition of the van
I was delighted that the report showed the van is in great condition and i would recomend this garage
They can service any make of camper van

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Camper four wheel alignment

· 
Posted: 07.02.2019  ·  #2
Always thought the Renault Master has a beam axle at the rear, how could that go out of alignment unless bent in an accident, then it's a replacement.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.02.2019  ·  #3
Quote by baguette

Always thought the Renault Master has a beam axle at the rear, how could that go out of alignment unless bent in an accident, then it's a replacement.

Not exactly correct yes it is a beam axle .but you do have spring,shackles and bushes any of which could be worn and pull the axle of of line.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Camper four wheel alignment

· 
Posted: 07.02.2019  ·  #4
A good check is to rub the palm of your hand (after checking there is no glass or sharp stones in the tread) across the tread on your tyres. If it moves easy one way and drags the other then a steering check is advisable. In addition to the previous helpful blogs one of the causes of misalignment that I have come across is the locator pin in the spring being sheared off. This happens when a vehicle yanked out a ditch or drives in to a very deep pothole. You can have a look at the U bolts ,(locator lives in the centre), are tight and in their place. I do prefer the laser check because as as well as checking alignment it checks the square of the wheels, this gives better handling and better fuel figures

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.