28.2 east transponder changes

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

28.2 east transponder changes

· 
Posted: 29.06.2017  ·  #1
Anyone using auto seek domes or dishes may need to have the search software updated, Some transponders were changed on 19th June , if your system was programmed for these it will not lock on and just keep searching. Glomex required a software update, after I contacted them I Italy the sent me the new software and published it a couple of days later once I confirmed it was ok. Others are likely to need a update, so if heading off check that your system is still able to lock on.

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: 28.2 east transponder changes

· 
Posted: 30.06.2017  ·  #2
Checked my Camos system today. Working perfectly still. How does changing frequency stop it finding the satellite. It's still in same place in the sky. Looked up Astra 2 and it seems they only changed frequencies of 1 or 2 channels. Just wondering

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.07.2017  ·  #3
If nessesary can these changes be made as a DIY fix

Andy Bashford
My Motorhome: Bailey AA740
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.07.2017  ·  #4
These changes are never see never generic, you have to check your equipment providers website for software updates. The best ones to have are those that give you a lifetime FOC updating service and particularly those that publish the file as a download on their website, so it can be downloaded and uploaded using a USB Stik. Some providers need to have the controller returned to them for update and charge you about €50 for that service, I have read on other forums that Road Pro does this !!!!

Stacks
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Argos A660
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2017  ·  #5
I am wondering what is involved in this 'software' update? Surely all that is happening is the auto search is now being told to search for Astra 2 on a different frequently? So, if one can get into the technical menu (may require a password) in the TV, armed with the new frequency, changes it, hits save then you're on the pigs back? I would have thought this is all that is happening if you are told by a dealer that you have to send it back for a big 'software' update! I bet if you took note of the original software revision and compared, there be no difference! Does anyone know what the new transponder frequencies are and where to get this information? Is there a site that at least notifies users of the change? This could avoid the user thinking something else was faulty with the system. Thanks for the information OP

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2017  ·  #6
I have gone onto my sat systems website and there is a system update dated 9/5/17 , the dish is locking onto the sat . at the moment no problem but i"ll put update on tomorrow anyway , I think its the locking signal that may have changed not the TV bit but Im no expert

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2017  ·  #7
The changes happen all the time, auto satellite systems scan the sky for a satellite signs, once it find a signal the system checks to see if the transponder frequency that is in its programme is there if not it's goes to another signal does the same again until it finds the signal it's looking for. This transponder must be unique to the Satellite otherwise it will be unable to lock on the correct satellite, given there are hundreds of satellite transponders it isn't easy to get a frequency that is not the same .
There is no way of knowing in advance if changes will affect your system, When I contacted Glomex in Italy tbey were unaware of any changes, az I had helped them with some iissues in the early development of their dome I knew the head technical guy and was able to make them aware of the change and they sent me the new software update, i confirmed it was sorted and the put tthe new updates on the web a couple of days later.
.iIf on the market for a auto system always ask how they update as it can be difficult and costly and take long time if the unit has to go back to The factory, Some do! The Glomex ju
updates via a SD card, just download the NID software from the website format the SD card and copy the download o to it , the SD slot is in the control unit.
Some need a laptop and factory software, Some Qyster units can take the new software off the Satellite, the mark one oyster is no.longer supported. Though i belive there is a after market add on. That is wzy cheaper than tbe new replacement unit.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2017  ·  #8
As far as I'm concerned a manual crank-up can't be beaten.

My Maxview Crank-up, now 12 years old, has never let me down, there is no electronic wizardry to go wrong and I get a lock on usually within less than a minute (faster that an automatic unit)

Just wind it up to the elevation for where you are and turn it clockwise from North, Asra at 28.2° is the most easterly which can be 'seen' in Europe and is the first signal to show up, bingo.
I have ONE OF THESE permanently in line where I can see it at the same time as I look at the tv and work the dish, using it in conjunction with the signal strength bars in the Sky menu make finding and fine tuning the signal a piece of cake.

BTW, depending on cloud cover/rain all Irish channels are available down to about a line from Lisbon to Murcia and the newer ones TV3+1, 3e and be3 are available right down to Malaga, BBC's, ITV's Ch4's and 5's are gone one you approach the south of France.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2017  ·  #9
On my last van I had a manual sat system and always thought about getting a dome one, but the number of problems which people seemed to have with software updates etc I decided an aerial will do for all that I watch.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2017  ·  #10
Quote by the fat controller

On my last van I had a manual sat system and always thought about getting a dome one, but the number of problems which people seemed to have with software updates etc I decided an aerial will do for all that I watch.

I am of the same opinion as you John, Like Colin (Baguette) we have a Manuel Maxview crank up and no drama about updates and no problem locking on

Stacks
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.07.2017  ·  #11
Yes I agree, the manual one is a better set up I think, but like you John I don’t watch too much as I try to be out and about as much as I can when away. The aerial I have is well sufficient. However, a Satellite Auto system came with the van when we bought it so I am just trying to understand it a little better.

Willie, you obviously know your stuff regarding these systems. Hope you don't mind if I may pick your brain a little!!

Where did you hear of the changes? Is there a site that has the changes and also the current most up to date frequencies of all transponders?

When you say some transponders were changed, does this just mean that the Frequency of that particular transponder has now changed, i.e it ‘Squawks’ a different frequency?

When my system is spinning, and it finds a signal, it then checks the frequency of the transponder emitting the signal. If it matches with what is stored in the auto system, then bingo and it locks. Is it that simple?

I have the ability to change frequencies the system looks for, so could try that. Just not sure where these ‘Up To Date’ frequencies are available.

Really appreciate your info…..

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2017  ·  #12
I updated my sat today which happened to be a hardware update I don't know why this was needed as I had sat lock no problem maybe I'll get 57 channels and nothing on as the song Say's

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2017  ·  #13
Eirebus, how does one update the sat on the Motorhome if you don't mind me asking?

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2017  ·  #14
Go to your sat brand's website to see if there is an update for your particular sat model , download it and put it on sat box via USB cable , I don't know about your iPad though Jack maybe you could borrow a laptop

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2017  ·  #15
Quote by eirebus

, I don't know about your iPad though Jack maybe you could borrow a laptop

Apple Mac have USB port aswell Dave,

Isnt that right Jack😉

Mick H
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2017  ·  #16
I have an Oyster Vision 1 system, that is no longer supported by the manufacturer. This means that because of transponder changes, several years ago, it hasn't been able to "self seek", the Astra 2 satellite.
Basically, Oyster "dumped" us, and only offered a new Vision 2 control box, at about 600 euro's.
Not being willing to give them any more of my hard earned cash,on principal, I've been using the manual facility, to find Astra 2.

Imagine my surprise, today, when messing about with my satellite system, it again locks on to Astra 2 automatically!
With the recent transponder changes, they must have re-used a frequency, that was in operation, several years ago.
What a pleasant surprise!.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2017  ·  #17
Apple Mac have USB port aswell Dave,

Isnt that right Jack😉
[/quote]

Well you learn something new every day :D :D

Tomorrow Im going to learn how to get these quotes right :D

Andy Bashford
My Motorhome: Bailey AA740
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2017  ·  #18
I have a Maxview Seeker and it has been brilliant now 3 years old and there has been 2 software updates in that time. Maxview put a downloadable file on their website, so it is just a matter of checking for updates before going away and updates literally take 5 minutes to do. I hear what others are saying about crank up, but you soon get good at knowing what pitches will work and you just press the search button and get on with other things.

Stacks
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2017  ·  #19
Quote by Mick H

I have an Oyster Vision 1 system, that is no longer supported by the manufacturer. This means that because of transponder changes, several years ago, it hasn't been able to "self seek", the Astra 2 satellite.
Basically, Oyster "dumped" us, and only offered a new Vision 2 control box, at about 600 euro's.
Not being willing to give them any more of my hard earned cash,on principal, I've been using the manual facility, to find Astra 2.

Imagine my surprise, today, when messing about with my satellite system, it again locks on to Astra 2 automatically!
With the recent transponder changes, they must have re-used a frequency, that was in operation, several years ago.
What a pleasant surprise!.

Lucky you Mick ...

Fester63
My Motorhome: Auto Roller Granduca
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Megasat system

· 
Posted: 09.07.2017  ·  #20
I bough a camper recently from Germany and the chap wasnt able to sort out the satellite before I picked it up..Im nor getting a signal so no TV The satellite is rotating on the roof but not settling.Does any know of someone who might be able to sort out my problem..Was up in Leisure technical Solutions on Fri but Simon couldnt Help. The receiver takes a computer USB cable but when I plug it in to my laprop it says that it doesnt recognise the cable ..So I cant download the software..Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2017  ·  #21
LTS would be my suggestion, but as that hasnt worked what make of sat system is it as there may be someone on here who has a similar system and how to update it.

Stacks
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2017  ·  #22
Quote by Fester63

I bough a camper recently from Germany and the chap wasnt able to sort out the satellite before I picked it up..Im nor getting a signal so no TV The satellite is rotating on the roof but not settling.Does any know of someone who might be able to sort out my problem..Was up in Leisure technical Solutions on Fri but Simon couldnt Help. The receiver takes a computer USB cable but when I plug it in to my laprop it says that it doesnt recognise the cable ..So I cant download the software..Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Is it manufactured by Alden by any chance? Did you ask Simon why he couldn't fix it?

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2017  ·  #23
Surprised LTS couldn't fix it you may have to get a new box fitted

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2017  ·  #24
Quote by Fester63

I bough a camper recently from Germany

Sorry I can't help with the satellite problem but I'd be interested to hear how you got on with customs and VRT when you imported your camper. Did they give you any method to calculate the VRT before you bought or did you have to bring it over and then they put a figure on it ?

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2017  ·  #25
My German import came with an Alden system, locks onto 19.2 perfectly but not 28.2.
I have been onto Alden Germany by email and they came back fast but I haven't had time to sort it, only just back from France the last 3 weeks and very rarely used it there anyway except for MotoGP on Eurosport Germany.
There must be a fix for it but its a matter of getting time and the inclination to go messing with it.
The receiver unit has settings for a load of different satellites, hotbird eutelsat etc etc

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.07.2017  ·  #26
Astra should be there so

Stacks
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.07.2017  ·  #27
Your Alden system is working so. You most likely will need to change the transponder frequency settings for it to lock as they have changed according to OP. I'm not sure of where these changes are documented though so we can use them.

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

More 28.2 east transponder changes

· 
Posted: 27.10.2017  ·  #28
The changes to the Satellite transponders this week will have messed up many of the auto seek sat systems , best check yours still works before head ing off!

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.10.2017  ·  #29
Mine working

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.10.2017  ·  #30
Glomex u it's have been affected and will need new software update .
The Astra 2 satellite they used changed from DVD-S to DVB- S2 so any system that used that satellite will require a software update, I have already informed Glomex z d they have the new software on their website.

thepilote
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: PILOTE REFERENCE
Base Vehicle: DUCATO
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2019  ·  #31
Got an Oyster Vision which I think needs a software update. Wont lock onto Astra 2,just keeps searching. Is there anyone around can do an update? Looked up the Oyster web site and from what I see cannot update by sd card or memory stick.

bernard31
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.06.2019  ·  #32
Hello,
I have an issue with my CSA 1300P ( S/N CSA 0172 04/07 ) . The Camos control box ( made by MDH wiworld in March 2007) . Microcontroller is an Atmel ATMEGA16L ) doesn't lock on Astra 1( yellow led lights few seconds and then switches off ) . Nb: I would like to use AB3 but I have no signal detected ( no yellow light ) . I have changed the ‘’old’’ external coaxial which is between the dome and the control box for a brand new one without success.
It seems that the control box software would need to be updated . Changes on Astra 1 ( and/ or AB3 ) which could explain this issue?
Would it be possible to :
a) Change the whole control box ( for instance choose the Campingman one from Megasat? )
b) Try a solution as described ( in 2016 / sept 06 post of john , pseudo ''gibbo57'' ) , for the ostersystems :He wrote : Programmer which interfaces with the Control Unit. This programmer unit is Designed, Manufactured and Installed by Zeniatech Limited based in Athlone, Ireland
c) other solution?
Thanks a lot in advance for your advices / suggestions/ proposals
Best regards ,
Bernard

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.