Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: W.B.Yeats

· 
Posted: 19.12.2018  ·  #81

Passenger with wheelchair
We allow a limited number of wheelchairs per sailing (safety limits-EU regulations). If one of your party is in a wheelchair please tell us on Step 4-Details, otherwise, we may have to refuse travel at the port. If there are spaces available please continue - If not please select a new sailing.
OUTWARD 2 RETURN 2

Jayus, Dublin bus can handle 2 wheelchairs on a double decker.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2018  ·  #82
From now on iI will Be referring to them by a new initial S.t.I. " Screw the Irish ferry co "

STIFCo ferries,,, I like it 😂😂

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2018  ·  #83
For our trip in september its costing 496 return to Cherbourg. And they are still cheaper than the others by a bit, as far as i can remember. Last year in July to Pembroke return it was roughly the same.
Thats a big increase Mal, what sort of money are the other ferry operators. ?
Martin, Im North county Dublin now. Its like Ballsbridge by the sea, without the silver spoon :D :lol:

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2018  ·  #84
There is a sister ship to WB on order, now as I have said previously , she should be called Grace O Malley truely deserved ,after all she was the Queen of the Pirates and a true Co Mayo woman and had, like the ferry companies a good way of taking your money

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2018  ·  #85
Just Docked now in Terminal 1 Dublin Port.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2018  ·  #86
Quote by Flipperdipper

She's south of Plymouth at the moment en route to Rosslare. Lying b******s, at 11:24 this morning I emailed them and asked if she'd be paying a courtesy visit to Rosslare, this is the answer I got back.
Customer Support
11:31 (11 hours ago)
to me

Dear Liam,

Thank you for your comments.

We have no plans for this at the moment due to the short turnaround time between the vessel arriving to Dublin Port and the Christmas season.

Keep an eye on our website for the latest updates on the Vessels arrival.

Kind Regards,

I sent the following reply to the above email on wed 19th at 10:37
to Customer

Good Morning, A very fast reply to my email, it's a pity it wasn't a truthful one. It's a sad day when companies like Irish Ferries instruct their employees to lie to their customers and the general public. Sincerely, disgruntled ex-customer.
I haven't heard anything back from them. I wonder,... have I upset someone :-/ :-/ <_<

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2018  ·  #87
Liam.
Irish Ferries customer service had a base in Dublin port but vacated it early last summer.
It was transferred to Liverpool, as far as I know.
This means that their customer service is like a puppet show with someone remotely pulling their strings.
Malcolm
The irony is that the offices vacatedin Dublin port, is been transformed for customs and excise.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #88
Just had my return trip on 17th September cancelled and offered the 15th or 18th instead. Anyone else affected.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #89
we are returning on sept 13th and have heard nothing. Have they said why>

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #90
Mark and Wendy They could have changed the sailing days because she will be in Dublin on that day and they have given you the choice of the day before or the day after for the return

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.01.2019  ·  #91
No explanation, just looks like they are cutting down the number of crossings. Rebooked on the 18th, so one more day to enjoy France. Hope that's the end of the changes this year.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #92
Such a lot of messing about leaving Ireland now. Think we'll just stay at home as usual.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #93
Quote by Ally

Such a lot of messing about leaving Ireland now. Think we'll just stay at home as usual.

starting to look more attractive as you get into regulations for travelling foreign. Might go down the same lines for the next couple of years, then head foreign for a couple of months when i retire.

AliPhatCamper
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #94
Talk about regulations.

Now I don't want to ignite the Br*x*t debate but there was some guff on BBC NI Website about having to purchase some evidence of insurance to display in RoI.

Vaguely remember the need to get a green triangle sign to display in the windscreen of a Norn Iron car if travelling sarf of the border.

What was it for?

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

W.B.Yeats

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #95
Quote by AliPhatCamper

Talk about regulations.

Now I don't want to ignite the Br*x*t debate but there was some guff on BBC NI Website about having to purchase some evidence of insurance to display in RoI.

Vaguely remember the need to get a green triangle sign to display in the windscreen of a Norn Iron car if travelling sarf of the border.

What was it for?

Someone from the insurance bandits this morning was on about that on rate radio .
Question what. the F --k is an insurance disc and police document for, if not to prove you have cover.
And then said maybe thee green card will be €20 and will last as long as the covet . commme onnnnn.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #96
Quote by sprinter

Quote by AliPhatCamper

Talk about regulations.

What was it for?

Someone from the insurance bandits this morning was on about that on rate radio .
Question what. the F --k is an insurance disc and police document for, if not to prove you have cover.
And then said maybe thee green card will be €20 and will last as long as the covet . commme onnnnn.

theres your answer, money making scheme.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #97
Years ago it was necessary to get a GREEN CARD for travelling to Europe. It was green in colour and made of cardboard. It’s purpose was to extend your UK insurance so that you had the minimum cover (third party) for Europe. It cost a few pounds (maybe about £10).

As I understand it your current UK insurance is valid for all of Europe and provides the same level of cover across Europe as it does in the UK.

I assume the same applies to policies issued in ROI.

Potentially this new green card will have a cost and may even reduce your level of cover to third party.

In any case it is as a minimum more bureaucracy.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #98
Quote by AliPhatCamper

What was it for?

AFAIR the triangle sign was a customs triptych (triptyque?) that you had to display and get stamped at the border. It gave you temporary importation rights from north to south. Don’t know if the same system operated in reverse.

It was effectively a bond which the customs could draw money on if you took your car across the border and didn’t bring it back home.

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #99
It sounds like a kind of Carnet de passage which is still in use in some countries in Africa where owning a vehicle is very expensive you pay a bond to a company usually German Adac and they will issue a Carney which has to be discharged on the vehicle leaving the country and having the Carnet stamped on exit. I think in the brexit case it will only be that Uk insurance will have to show that there is sufficient cover to travel abroad on holiday. That’s what a green card was for

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #100
My understanding is that all vehicle insurance can be accessed through european data base by any European law enforcement.
If the UK crashes out, they automatically lose access to the same database. Likewise other EU countries will not be able to examine an UK issued policy.
Currently there is an established system between all EU countries to provide legal and medical assistance for occupants who are unfortunate to have an vehicle accident aboard. This cooperation with exclude UK residents from the EU arrangements and visa versa.
This green card is in effect, buying another insurance to bloster your existing insurance requirements. A bit like getting extra breakdown assist to cover repatriation from another country.
Malcolm.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2019  ·  #101
I brought this up last year, that the insurance companies would seize the chance of squeezing more bucks from their customers. What extra risks will they taking more than what they are taking now. Before joining the common market A UK policy always had printed on it, including the Isle of Man, Alderney, The Channel Islands and Ireland and you only needed a green card for the continent. Also the next thing will be the mobile phones roaming charges being reinstalled, they lost a mint of money when Brussels made them drop it.

Thornwood
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony Line 700
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #102
Had a mail from Liberty Insurance re the Green card. Only necessary in event of no deal Brexit. Not issuing any untill beginning of March of required and no mention vof a charge

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #103
That stupid bollocks of an insurance company I have (not renewing with them) Adrian Flux require us to let them know when we go over the border. They say on the phone "we'll send you a green card" it's just a letter authorising it.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #104
Absolute tossers Ally, I once took an insurance with them and on reading the policy it stated it excluded any one over 70. Which meant that I could have been driving without cover They then wanted to charge me for cancellation, only the threat of small claims made them change their mind. Dont know offhand which group they belong to ,but I do know that Direct Line own Churchill, Privilege, NJG, Brant Partners and also Green Flag, I think Sheilas Wheels are part too. Direct Line had a big hand in Europe but sold out to Maafre in Spain and europe. An old saying of All The One Sows Pigs would cover. Now some thing closer to your heart ,The cheapest bar in Beni is the Cheap and Cheerfull in Calle Jaen just over from the Rio Park. More Power to your Elbow.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #105
Quote by nilrac

Absolute tossers Ally, Now some thing closer to your heart ,The cheapest bar in Beni is the Cheap and Cheerfull in Calle Jaen just over from the Rio Park. More Power to your Elbow.

Stop encouraging him like that.😂

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #106
Back to the headline topic.
WB Yeats.
She was due to start her first voyage to Hollyhead, tomorrow morning, Saturday, and guess what?
Cancelled.
Malcolm

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #107
🤣😂😂🤣😂😂
Now there’s a surprise. Stena might be a rip off, but at least they keep sailing

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #108
Hardly an auspicious start to her career. I would be slow enough to book with IF for a holiday if they are that unreliable.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.01.2019  ·  #109
They are running the oscar wilde instead.
A mate of mine has 6 coaches heading to premiership games tomorrow. He was looking forward to the first commercial sailing on the wb yeats.
The cancellation is due to unfinished work.
Malcolm

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.01.2019  ·  #110
Must be disappointing for those people who were expecting a Maiden Cruise. The builders said the hold up was caused by the Italian furniture manufacturers , but something does not add up as it now makes it 7 months late getting into service. Dont think Vorsprung Durch Technic would apply

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

W.B.Yeats

· 
Posted: 28.01.2019  ·  #111
Looks like the W.B.Yeats is set to cost Irish Ferries more money

Irish Ferries has been ordered to pay compensation to passengers whose travel plans were impacted by the cancellation last summer of planned sailings on its new WB Yeats vessel.

.ttps://www.rte.ie/author/666389-will-goodbody/

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.01.2019  ·  #112
😂😂🤣🤣

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.01.2019  ·  #113
nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2019  ·  #114
They do have to appeal so that when the final court ruling comes out they can approach the builder for compensation and if none forthcoming that opens the way to go to court with the German Ship Builder who in turn can sue his subcontractors for the late delivery

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2019  ·  #115
Funny how I.F. are blaming the NTA for them pulling out of Rosslare .

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2019  ·  #116
This episode involving, IF, Dublin port, Rosslare Europort, NTA and now the court system reminds me of 20 years ago when the Irish airports and budget airlines were are each others throats.
Hopefully in the end, us the customers will win with a better service at cheaper prices.
Malcolm

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2019  ·  #117
Have a read of this link,

https://www.niferry.co.uk/flen…ifficulty/

Seems like W B Yeats completion running late caused financial difficulties for the shipyard due to penalties.

Deja vu! Brittany Ferries now do not expect to take delivery of their new vessel Honfleur in time for 2019 season and have already started to alter bookings. I suppose it will have further implications for the next Irish Ferries vessel due to start building there in the near future.

Davy

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.02.2019  ·  #118
Quote by Davy
Seems like W B Yeats completion running late caused financial difficulties for the shipyard due to penalties.

If the shipyard are suffering from penalty clauses in the contract, then surely IF are the beneficiaries of these penalty clauses. Why then do they continue to 'make whole' those who lost out due to rescheduled sailings last summer?

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.02.2019  ·  #119
your contract is with Irish Ferries from whom you claim and Irish Ferries contract is with the ship builder from whom they claim , Its like a pecking order.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2019  ·  #120
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.